has anybody heard the MS1i?

Chekhonte

Woot, the ms1i came today. I haven't had a chance to do much listening to it yet but so far it's not bad. Way better than it's sr125 counterpart in terms of tonal accuracy, but its still a grado and not very accurate. It also lacks the bass punch of my old MS2i--other than that they are very similar headphones.

oh, interesting. I didn't know that the ms2i was revamped again. I believe that the ms2i was released just after the sr325i.

I'm listening to pavement's crooked rain currently and I'm surprised at how subdued the high end is. Cymbal crash and snare recedes below the vocals. The kick has a nice pop--the texture of hammer hitting the drum is nice and tactile. This is one of my favorite qualities that all the grados I've owned posses in a greater or lesser degree. The midrage has quite a bit of presence but isn't that satisfying. It's not particularly clear. I hope this is something that burn in will rectify but I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: the recessed treble may have been a quality in the pavement album. I'm now listening to neutral milk hotel and the sound of the guitar pick clicking against the strings feels about right.

I don't have bowels anylonger. I did the quarter mod on the comfies which helped a bit to take away that muffled sound. I may order a pair of bowels. I still have C-pads which I kind of like for some types of music.

Oh and by the way I am a reluctant hipster (but is there any type of hipster but the reluctant type?). Part of it is living in Olympia Washington which is a hipster magnet. Everyone is either a hipster or some other type of retard here.

• 1 month later...

Curiously the MS1i and the original MS1 are hard to distinguish because they look virtually alike. The SR60 and SR60i have different housings but these do not.

The MS1i sounded really good though given its $100 price-point. In my mind, its biggest weakness is the claustrophobic feel you get from them which I guess is due to the serious lack of air.