Vista not recognizing Headroom DAC

Ok gents I've worked on this thing for days now to no avail. My Toshiba LT (Vista) will not recognize my HR DAC. I've rebooted, gone into my INF files to check if any of the USB got renamed, tried all the USB ports, checked for driver updates, etc. Nothing. Any help is immensely appreciated, Thanks!

Ok gents I've worked on this thing for days now to no avail. My Toshiba LT (Vista) will not recognize my HR DAC. I've rebooted, gone into my INF files to check if any of the USB got renamed, tried all the USB ports, checked for driver updates, etc. Nothing. Any help is immensely appreciated, Thanks!

It doesn't show up in device manager at all, unknown device or otherwise?

Gimpy gave some possible advice. I've uninstalled all of the USB hubs one at a time until I could remove and reinstall the controller before and it helped with an issue I had in XP.

Fitz I couldn't find the proper shovel. I think I might actually be micturating into an oscillator until I try it on another rig to answer the obvious question...I spoke with HR today as well and they said this has not been an "isolated" incident with the DAC and Vista, but unfortunately had no remedys either.

You can try USB view from this website to see if its connecting, FTDI Utilities, but it should at least be showing up as unknown device if it is powering on. If you are on a laptop it might be a power issue if the DAC doesn't have an external power source. Drivers only get loaded after windows reads the usb descriptors and finds what drivers to load, independent of the device actually connecting to the usb host.