Oscilloscopes

mypasswordis

Probes: Have you considered a Fluke PM9100/101

High voltage probes with a 100:1 transfer ratio. Cable length 1.5 m. High input impedance (66,7 Mohm) and high isolation voltage of the tip allow measurements up to 1000 V CAT III or 4 kV on Type 1 circuits (Type 1 circuit has it's primary in installation category II). Equipped with command switch and range indicator (/191 only).

• Models:
    • PM 9100/101 100:1, 200 MHz, 1.5 m, 66.7 MΩ / 3 pF, 1000 V CAT III **, Range 15 to 35 pF.
      • PM 9100/191 100:1, 200 MHz, 1.5 m, 66.7 MΩ / 3 pF, 1000 V CAT III **, Range 15 to 35 pF, with Command Switch and Range Indicator.
        • ** 1000 V CAT III or 4000 V type 1 circuit
          • Each probe consists of:
            • Probe cable assembly,
              • Probe body,
                • Retractable hook tip,
                  • Ground lead and clip,
                    • 6 colored identification rings.

They're discontinued, but still available used.

Edited by wink

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone had any experience with BK Precision scopes? (Positive or negative)

The 2542B-GEN model currently is very attractive as it has a built in signal generator.

That said, a similar Rigol with a Rigol standalone signal generator is comparably priced or even slightly cheaper. Might even be able to bump to 200MHz-2G/s for a few dollars more.

Or just say screw them both and save up for a Tek?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Hantek DSO2150 USB scope. It has 150MS/s and 50MHz claimed if you only run one channel. It cost me £129.98

or $210 US, whichever makes the most sense to you.

It's about as cheap as you can buy anything new claiming a 50MHz B/W.

I like it.

I like it better than a Picoscope. The nice thing about a Picoscope is that it's self-contained. I mean the ones with the self-contained probe, like a USB toothbrush. Handy and robust enough to keep in a laptop bag stuffed in with a few pliers, wire strippers, side cutters, crimp tools, crimps, connectors, screwrivers straight and crosshead, multimeter, cable tester, Allen keys, soldering iron, solder, spare cables, USB RS232, card reader, torch, loupe, camera and whatever is the order of the day. I put the Swiss Army knife in the suitcase in the hold for international travel.

I used some very fancy 'scopes, too.

Logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers and network analyzers. I did a year of release test on military digital radios at Racal, now Vodafone, for my student placement, the last 3 months developing ATE in the Lab writing HPBasic, the forerunner of Labview, to run test racks over IEEE 488 (GPIB).

I know wherof I speak.

w

• 4 months later...

For sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330805832945

* affiliated with the seller and stand to gain from the sale of this unit. I actually paid $2250, without the floppy and GPIB box and feel this is a good price for the unit. More pics available upon request.

relisted, ends in a day or so:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330876055143?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649