March Madness 2011

trevorlane

I've seen several brackets, and almost everyone who survived the sweet sixteen slaughter, and last round, had their alma maters in the final four: kentucky, uconn, and vcu (i didn't goto the school but i met fans during some of the umass football games). Wayne, I completely agree, Butler has shown class at every step of the way when they were seen as an underdog. Who would've ever thought that Butler wouldn't be an underdog in a game this tournament? I think it'll truly be a David and Goliath matchup with the battle of the experienced vs. "new" coaches. It's also great to see Coach Calipari and Calhoun go at it again in the tournament, brings back the early 90s UMass-UConn rivalry days.

Good luck to all those whose alma maters have advanced to the final four!

I only entered one bracket group this year simply out of fear of the tournament being insane. I guess I made a smart decision. My group is all finished up, only two others and myself got 1/4 correct for the final four (UConn for me). I'll end up in second place with the person ahead of me picking UK to win it all. Probably could have won had I not done so poorly in the first two rounds. Vanderbilt and St. John's both really hurt me.

I'm hoping for UConn v. Butler.

I only entered one bracket group this year simply out of fear of the tournament being insane. I guess I made a smart decision. My group is all finished up, only two others and myself got 1/4 correct for the final four (UConn for me). I'll end up in second place with the person ahead of me picking UK to win it all. Probably could have won had I not done so poorly in the first two rounds. Vanderbilt and St. John's both really hurt me.

I'm hoping for UConn v. Butler.

You and I both got our wish. Butler Bulldogs FTW!!!