Jogging IEM

Yeah, I have to agree, except for entirely different reasons -- when I am active (I.E. breathing through my mouth for extra air), I have a tendency to change the shape of my ear canals minutely, albeit constantly. Add to that sweat (I.E. lube), and you have the recipe for an inferior listening experience using IEM's.

Earbuds are the best IMO for running, they're light, unobtrusive, don't get sweaty and you can still hear the environment around you. Unless you really care about SQ while running, just grab a cheap pair of earbuds and start training!

I hope you aren't one of those fuckers that I almost run over on my bike on a path cuz they can't hear shit happening around them and don't hear me telling them to stay in the right lane :indra:

I would never consider listening to anything (IEMs, whatever) when riding.I realize this is an audio site, so this may not be the most popular opinion, but...

Edited by Pars

Earbuds are the best IMO for running, they're light, unobtrusive, don't get sweaty and you can still hear the environment around you. Unless you really care about SQ while running, just grab a cheap pair of earbuds and start training!

The only thing I worry about is a little of bass to use with the energetic dnb which earbuds fail to have.

I hope you aren't one of those fuckers that I almost run over on my bike on a path cuz they can't hear shit happening around them and don't hear me telling them to stay in the right lane :indra:

I would never consider listening to anything (IEMs, whatever) when riding.I realize this is an audio site, so this may not be the most popular opinion, but...

:lol: Fortunately I don't have to worry about that, there's this track for pedestrians that goes all around the town.

Mmm I had the bone conduction problem with the jh13 and was pretty annoying. I can't see me using headphones for running but doesn't run to hot and sweaty ?

I too had a similar issue with customs. with braided cables, microphonics become nill but bone conduction becomes equally as disruptive

Not that I have a lot of experience with exercising in recent years, but I've always found that for routine cardio (i.e., treadmill, elliptical, rowing, recumbant bike, etc.) you're much better off with clip ons. Something simple like Koss KSC-35 or the like. Sound quality doesn't really come into play. It's not like you're going to be listening for hours on end. For weight training, I don't see any reason why custom IEMs wouldn't work, unless you go to such an extreme that they untwist and pop out!!! :lol:

• 1 month later...