Home Theater Processor/Receiver

morphsci

So our Rotel 1068 processor is starting to give up the ghost. I need to buy another processor or receiver. I have external amplification I am happy with so a processor is preferred. Since these things seem to change daily I am looking for recommendations. Does not have to be latest gen but at this point I do want HDMI switching. Looking at $1500 approx. although less is always nice.

How about a used NAD T175HD?...

The one currently on Audiogon looks interesting. The use of stock photos is kind of offsetting though.

I like my NAD T753, but I had to put it behind a door in a cabinet because it has an annoying fan. Just something to keep in mind if you're looking at NAD receivers. I suspect their processors are not endowed with fans.

All the HT equipment is in an equipment rack in a closet so that is not an issue.

Edited by morphsci

Not sure how good current NAD build quality is outside their Master series. I have been reading lots of unhappy posts about their regular products. I'm using a Marantz AV7005 which I like quite a bit, $100 over your budget new.

Yup, I've also read similar things since buying mine. I've had no troubles, but I know there are many others cursing the brand now.

Also, I was not intending to recommend the T753 in my earlier post (not sure if it came across that way), since it does not do HDMI switching. I just wanted to point out the potential fan issue.

Edited by acidbasement

Deepak,

Any issues with the Marantz. I may be able to get a good deal on one through the Outlaw customer sale.

No problems with it so far. I've only had it since the summer though.

I've owned a Marantz receiver the one before the Marantz pre/pro replaced and it was rock solid as well.

• 3 weeks later...