Everything posted by Emooze
-
The Headcase Stax thread
The left driver on my Lambdas has become loose. It's barely being held onto the black plate/housing piece. Any recommendations on how I should glue it back on? I was thinking clean the old glue off with alcohol and use a superglue.
-
Transformer coupled electrostatic amps
Count me down as interested. Would a mercury vapor rectifier PS be feasible?
-
The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!
I'm coming to CJ exclusively to hear the T2 now. I also really like the power isolation transformer idea, the thought had (sadly) never occurred to me.
-
The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!
If you were filling the enclosure with thermally conductive gas, would you need the tubes sticking out? And what about using a non-conductive liquid like mineral oil?
-
Canjam 2010.
Definitely, I've done a drive from MA to downeast Maine by myself and that was horrendously boring. Was going to try to put a little more work on the case of my eXStatA and possibly bring it. Will be buying a power regulator this time.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
-
What did you do today?
Replaced the turntable motor on the microwave.
-
The Headcase Stax thread
The eXStatA sounded a little bit better than Stretch's 007t but not as good as the WES or the BHSE from what I remember. End-all amp it is not, just a good performer for the price.
-
The Headcase Stax thread
I'm trying my hardest, thanks for the save Stretch. The KGSS might actually be my next amp build. I'd be really interested in comparing that to the exstata.
-
The Headcase Stax thread
I have to cut my teeth at some point but... A underpowered eXStatA blows all those amps out of the water. The background is just totally silent.