Canjam 2010.

Duggeh

So who's going? When are people arriving and leaving? I'm trying to suss out what my best options for flights/dates are. I've got a friend lives in Chicago who I'll be trying to visit which gives a little flex. Is there some kind of masterplan or is everyone just doing their own thing?

[mod edit]

Direct registration for the event can be done here - https://www.formspring.com/forms/?918793-VeuUauXtvv

Edited by n_maher

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about 50/50 right now. It's 2 days before Lily's birthday and I'm doing what I can to convince my wife that celebrating it the following weekend would be the best option. It's also unclear whether or not the whole family will make the trip so that the wife/kid can visit friends who live in the city or if I'll make the typical solo trip.

I'm definately going. Probably going to fly in a day before the main event, which also happens to be my birthday.:) I have no idea if there will be a pre-meet in Chicago the night before, but LA had one so it's probably likely there will be one in Chicago also. Canjam at LA was awesome this year, so I can't imagine missing the big one if I don't have a good reason too.

I've never been to a Canjam, when does it run, Saturday-Sunday or Friday-Sunday? I plan on driving up the day before, and driving back the day after, whatever the plan is. (So I'm thinking driving up Friday, driving back Monday.)

Dan -- you want to carpool? Or you got other plans?

part of why I'm driving is to spend time with friends along the way and back, so I was probably going to make a week trip out of it...

Ill definitely be there physically and I'll probably be there mentally as well. The "official" dates are Saturday the 5th and Sunday the 6th. There will definitely be pre- and post events for the willing and brave-at-heart. I will definitely be at-in-around the hotel on Thursday but may be there even earlier.

I still need to reserve a room at Hyatt O'Hare.

Do. It. Now.

I'm all in for this one. Travel plans not yet made but I'll most likely be there Wednesday through Monday. I'm gonna need 2 days to soak in Chicago. :D I also regretted missing the post-Sunday activities at the last two CanJams so I'm gonna be sure to make it this time.

The flight costs vary little if I shuffle days around a little. So it'll come down to extra room monies, or if I end up staying with my friend Doug in the city. Nominally I'd do arrive Thursday, fly out Monday. I'm supposed to be sharing a room with Birgir so the days he wants to spend in pizza-pie town factor in.

For those around on the Thursday night. I'm sure I'll have something tasty in my suitcase for a wee sup.