Am i being scamed?

granodemostasa

No feedback - stay away at this point. The only time I got scammed (got the money back from PayPal luckily) on Ebay was in a similar situation (except the guy had feedback - account hijacking in that case) where I lost the auction and then received a second chance offer. Ebay has a silly unlimited second chance offer possibility, where you can send second chance offers to all the bidders on an item, even when it's far to early to know the winner isn't going to pay.

Did you think about these things before bidding?

seller had no feedback before bidding? Everyone starts with zero.

read the payment terms before bidding? It indicates only money order/cashiers checks.

Check out this website. It's like an eBayer's background check.

I don't think you are being scammed.

No or very low feedback....forget it. Let someone else take the chance if it's a high dollar item. I'll only deal with sellers like that if it's a really good deal and the amount in question is something that won't bug me too much if it is a scam. Just not worth the risk IMO. If they're close enough to meet you, then go for it. Otherwise, skip it and move on. I usually watch auctions like that just to see how many turn out legit. Sad to say, I see it being about 50-50. Stinks that ebay has gone down to being a playground for scam artists.

I once received and accepted a second chance offer on a Montblanc Meisterstuck 146. I'd already verified the authenticity of the pen in the pictures to the best of mine and the folks at Fountain Pen Network's ability. Before accepting I asked the seller why I got a second chance, and she replied that the auction winner was not in the US and her auction clearly stated she would not ship internationally. So I accepted, and got a fantastic pen for well below the MSRP, and below typical used prices for this pen. So not all second chance offers are scams. :)

But the above auction looks sketchy as hell. A scammer should at least have the decency to get a few positive feedbacks through shill accounts selling items for 0.99. :)