New source

humanflyz

Nice, assuming you'll use the Stello as a pre to the F1?

Just curious why you sold your Dynahi? Are you moving back to single headphone, or are you happy driving the HD650 off the DA10?

The Stello will be the pre-amp, and it'll also be the DAC when I'm listening from my computer, and maybe it'll do redbook duties too if I feel like using upsampling. I sold my Dynahi because the Stello has a built-in headphone amp that runs straight from its discrete, class-A output stage.

The Stello will be the pre-amp, and it'll also be the DAC when I'm listening from my computer, and maybe it'll do redbook duties too if I feel like using upsampling. I sold my Dynahi because the Stello has a built-in headphone amp that runs straight from its discrete, class-A output stage.

So it sounds good driving the HD650?

I just paid DigiPete for his SACDModded Denon 3910, and damn, I am itching to try all my SACDs out.

We need to have a shoot-out between the 3910 and 999es. I have heard fantastic things about the 3910 stock, I am willing to bet that after sacdmods it is a world class reference source. Congratulations!

I've gone a bit SACD crazy since I got the 999es. Living Stereo releases are so cheap and so awesome. In non-LS classical releases, check out Harnoncourt's "Mozarts Requiem" if you are looking for a good show-off CD, it is haunting and beautiful. And though there are not many well-mastered rock/pop sacds (relative to classical), I've already found some that take great advantage of the medium (roxy music "avalon", floyd "dark side", nin "downward spiral", all the good Can albums sound amazing in SACD). I also have on order Clapton "Slowhand", Simple Minds "New Gold Dream 81-82-83-84" (one of my favorite albums of all time) and Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms", which I have never even listened to before, but it is supposed to be great.

The DM SACD releases have really grown on me. They are radically different from original redbook masters. The trade-off is that you give up intensity and presence for soundstage, depth, and space. They do seem a bit loud at times, but the bottom line is I like them enough to invest in the entire catalog.

We need to have a shoot-out between the 3910 and 999es. I have heard fantastic things about the 3910 stock, I am willing to bet that after sacdmods it is a world class reference source. Congratulations!

I've gone a bit SACD crazy since I got the 999es. Living Stereo releases are so cheap and so awesome. In non-LS classical releases, check out Harnoncourt's "Mozarts Requiem" if you are looking for a good show-off CD, it is haunting and beautiful. And though there are not many well-mastered rock/pop sacds (relative to classical), I've already found some that take great advantage of the medium (roxy music "avalon", floyd "dark side", nin "downward spiral", all the good Can albums sound amazing in SACD). I also have on order Clapton "Slowhand", Simple Minds "New Gold Dream 81-82-83-84" (one of my favorite albums of all time) and Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms", which I have never even listened to before, but it is supposed to be great.

The DM SACD releases have really grown on me. They are radically different from original redbook masters. The trade-off is that you give up intensity and presence for soundstage, depth, and space. They do seem a bit loud at times, but the bottom line is I like them enough to invest in the entire catalog.

I already have Harnoncourt's Requiem, and I can't wait to see how it does in SACD.

If your changing your listening habits because of your gear, then you should sell your gear and get out of this hobby in my opinion.

Biggie.

I've always listened to everything, so this is a non-issue. Though I would be remiss if I didn't admit my fondness of classical music finally spread beyond Beethoven's symphonies once I got into this hobby.