The Corda/Headphonia Debacle

postjack

Yes, it has been an interesting read. It did seem like some favoritism was shown by the mods at times but I'm in no position to comment on whether it was appropriate or not. If Robert had actually turned out to be innocent it would have looked like a beat-up but that's moot given the outcome. Definitely best if things can be resolved without lawyers. If Kevin says the amps are identical then it's good enough for me. I wouldn't have bought a Headphonia anyway but I certainly don't believe in giving any money to unauthorized rip-offs.

I run a couple of setups. (see updated sig)

SB3 as a standalone (much better now with a new linear, regulated PS)

or

SB3 --> Denon DA500 DAC

or

Denon DVM 3700

Don't get me wrong, they all sound pretty damn good but I've unfortunately been spoiled by hearing a couple of really nice rigs in the last year. I'm currently working on plans for a standalone DAC to couple to both a CD transport and the SB3. I hope to have it done some time mid-summer. And for the record I'd qualify just about any of the sources I've heard in the sub-$1000 bracket as mid-fi so it's not really a dis on the Denon gear. :)