2016 - Which windows laptop to get

Zach, that is her office setup as well currently, with a T410 so glad to hear the surface will be a smooth transition. I am eyeing the i5 with 16gb ram. Trying to keep things under $1500 if possible. Since the ram is soldered on and no way of upgrading later, I think the 16gb will be more suitable for future applications. Might even be able to run lightroom/photoshop on it without killing the machine. I don't know if there will be an appreciable difference between the i5 and i7 processors in day to day usage.  

CJ, go here and buy this right now:

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Surface-+-Xbox-One-Bundle-for-Students/productID.5057679600?icid=en_US_homepage_hero_1_SurfXbox_160713

i5/16/256 SP4, Xbox 1 bundle with an extra free game, extra free Xbox 1 controller, 50$ Microsoft store gift card, free ship. 1498$

**BRENT**

33 minutes ago, crappyjones123 said:

Zach, that is her office setup as well currently, with a T410 so glad to hear the surface will be a smooth transition. I am eyeing the i5 with 16gb ram. Trying to keep things under $1500 if possible. Since the ram is soldered on and no way of upgrading later, I think the 16gb will be more suitable for future applications. Might even be able to run lightroom/photoshop on it without killing the machine. I don't know if there will be an appreciable difference between the i5 and i7 processors in day to day usage.  

You will likely see very little benefit in going with an i7 vs i5 in lightroom/photoshop use.  Once you start exporting video and rendering stuff, then you will have a notable difference with the hyperthreading of the i7.