AT&T unlimited choice plus plan

Voltron

so I have been streaming the TdF on TMob during weekdays and I got a text today that I am at 30GB, and upon reaching 32GB, [which I will probably on monday's stage,] until my cycle resets on the 24th, quote:"you still get unlimited data but may at times notice reduced speeds in areas with network congestion."   Bastids.

This is a "promo" Simple Choice plan I got back in 2012ish...IIRC. I asked about other plans a while ago and the rep looking at my account said, ah, you have the original unlimited data plan, not many would change that. So I left it alone, but it really isn't unlimited since after 32GB you get limited. 32GB is a LOT, but fuck, there is still one more week of TdF to go and I regularly don't use much data, so I am pissed.  :)

• Like 1

I just switched to Verizon's new Unlimited Plan, after which I noticed this:

"On all Verizon Unlimited plans you get our fast LTE speeds. To ensure a quality experience for all customers, after 22 GB of data usage on a line during any billing cycle we may prioritize usage behind other customers in the event of network congestion. "

• 1 month later...
About the same but I was on an grandfathered unlimited plan. I'm still happy. Streaming works great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Good to hear. I have a pretty competitive FAN / discount plan, so it would be possible mine would go up in cost. Can you get SIM cards for other devices to share data? I should probably RTFM.

• 1 month later...

Wanted to add that this week they added HBO for those of us that don't have DirectTV through DirectTV Now. I've signed up and gotten HBO Go working on my various Amazon and Xbox devices. Makes this a no-brainer for me since I've not had HBO for a few years since Comcast stopped including it in the bundles they offer me.

Edited by Dreadhead
  • Like 1