new dream theater (Systematic chaos)

mjg

Eh sounds exactly like all their other albums.

you have to be kidding me... this album and the last one are a fucking joke compared to Scenes From A Memory, A Change Of Seasons and Train Of Thought. those three albums were actually really fucking good, the others were "ok", and these last two were utter crap imo.

you have to be kidding me... this album and the last one are a fucking joke compared to Scenes From A Memory, A Change Of Seasons and Train Of Thought. those three albums were actually really fucking good, the others were "ok", and these last two were utter crap imo.

You thought Octavarium was a bad album? It's no Scenes From a Memory or Images and Words, but it's a good album.

As for my comment on it sounding the same, well to me it's the same formula over again.

I'm a Dream Theater fan, and I found Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence a little hard to listen to, fidelity-wise. Any opinions on Train of Thought? I never picked that one up. Ditto the new one.

Train Of Thought is pretty good, but I never really liked Six Degress of Inner Turbulence, but I do have get the desire to listen to it sometimes. Train of Thought has a few goods songs on it, but I think it can be a hit or miss depending on your tastes.

I'm not even going to bother downloading the leak, since the album comes out in a couple weeks. I think I will get the special edition just for the better cover art, although the documentary should be fun (the one on "A Matter of Life and Death" sure was!)

I am looking forward to this album a lot. I though Octavarium was a pretty boring album, likely because a lot of Petrucci's best stuff at the time wound up on his solo CD instead. The only song I really liked on it was Panic Attack. Sacrified Sons is without a doubt my least favorite song of theirs since a couple of the bombs from FII. At least that album had quite a few classic tracks to balance them out. I really liked what they had done on Six Degrees and Train, so 8varium was their biggest stumble in a long time for me. Hopefully the new one will do better.

i pre-ordered the special edition one, but why not hear it now?? ; ).

This album is great, 3 10 min plus songs, i listened through it once today, not quite sure where i put it just yet. My fav albums are scenes from a memory, and awake.

Octavarium was pretty cool, the best stuff they did though i think was on awake.

I saw pertrucci at g3 a few months ago, his solo stuff is seriously awesome too. He's gotta be the best guitarist by far.