Impromptu apartment mini-meet

aerius

She got that enable hokey pokey done on the drivers??? Whatever works I guess... ::)

I just pulled out my old computer speakers, I'm going to listen to them for a bit and then do the EnABL thing and see if it does anything. I'll know in a week or 2 if it really works as claimed.

Undoing hotglue is not that difficult per se, just hit it with a fine tipped soldering iron. For added safety it would use an alligator clip with a piece of aluminum foil to serve as a heat sink to protect the driver. I used this technique to undo a couple of headphone adaptor projects I did.

Undoing hotglue is not that difficult per se, just hit it with a fine tipped soldering iron. For added safety it would use an alligator clip with a piece of aluminum foil to serve as a heat sink to protect the driver. I used this technique to undo a couple of headphone adaptor projects I did.

The hotglue isn't the problem with the RS-1s, it's the epoxy that they use to put the driver into the solid, one piece wooden housing.

The hotglue isn't the problem with the RS-1s, it's the epoxy that they use to put the driver into the solid, one piece wooden housing.

so they just drop that bitch straight into the one opening in the cup, meaning where the sound fires out? no wonder no one wants to recable rs-1s...

EnABL works. No, it did not make my piece of shit computer speakers sound better than my headphones, but it did make them noticeably better. There's not as much of the papery honky sound as before so they sound clearer, but I'll be honest here, they still sound like crap. They basically went from mega-crap to crap. I don't have anything else to try it out on so this is as far as I can go.

If you want to try it for yourself, the patent info and instructions can be found here.