Need help with a source problem

aerius

cdlp.jpg

Hi, I bought some shiny new records for my vinyl collection but they seemed a little odd. These things are like shiny silver on one side with graphics and stuff on the other, and they're smaller than my 45's. I put them on my record player and tried the 45 RPM setting, but it didn't work, and I couldn't get music out of them, only a horrible scratching sound. I tried the other side and got the same thing. What am I doing wrong?

I am going to contact ELP this week. I've read they offer listening sessions by appointment only in their Torrance CA location, which is about 15 mile drive. Really curious to hear it, but at $10K, questionable support, needing calibration every 7 years in Japan, and if the company goes out of business too much risk for me. Though, I really like the idea.

cdlp.jpg

Hi, I bought some shiny new records for my vinyl collection but they seemed a little odd. These things are like shiny silver on one side with graphics and stuff on the other, and they're smaller than my 45's. I put them on my record player and tried the 45 RPM setting, but it didn't work, and I couldn't get music out of them, only a horrible scratching sound. I tried the other side and got the same thing. What am I doing wrong?

Basically you need a 1200. There is not enough rubber on your turntable. More rubber = more playable media.

1200sacd002800600zs1.jpg

also you need those little red lights there, those are crucial for playing the shiny silver records.

I am going to contact ELP this week. I've read they offer listening sessions by appointment only in their Torrance CA location, which is about 15 mile drive. Really curious to hear it, but at $10K, questionable support, needing calibration every 7 years in Japan, and if the company goes out of business too much risk for me. Though, I really like the idea.

Keep us posted if you get to listen to the laser turntable.

What am I doing wrong?
You're being silly.

I can't wait 'til you can hear it, though, the opening synthesizer blast of "Trilogy" right after the piano section is to die for. One of my favourite rock'n'roll moments, ever, anywhere.

And I think it's funny that the response to not being able to listen to ELP was to get an ELP.

Basically you need a 1200. There is not enough rubber on your turntable. More rubber = more playable media.

also you need those little red lights there, those are crucial for playing the shiny silver records.

Ok, I took off my record mat so it's now all rubber. The shiny orange lights are also working, but I'm still not getting any music, only the same horrible scratching sound.

cdlp2.jpg

I think these silver records are defective. I'm going to return them and buy some proper LP's and 45's.

Ok, I took off my record mat so it's now all rubber. The shiny orange lights are also working, but I'm still not getting any music, only the same horrible scratching sound.

Shit man, I'm stumped. Returning the silver records is probably the best idea.