DCD on DSD

Dusty Chalk

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the sacds are coming in june:

search_results.cfm?adv=true&x=1&searchtext=dead%2Ccan%2Cdance&field=artist%20&artist=dead,can,dance%20&category=all_4

i'm not a 5.1 guy, but I bet some aggressive 5.1 mixes on these in a dark room would be SUPER cool. >:D

Fortunately or unfortunately, they are hybrid stereo only.

http://www.4ad.com/news/details-of-re-ma/

Dang, just got an email that the release was pushed back about a month, week of July 21st...

That sucks, although this thread reminded me to order them.

• 1 month later...

They were supposed to go on preorder...and supposed to...and supposed to...and then last week I got sick, and stopped checking...and then I remembered today, and it was finally up on the 4ad.com site, but listed as out of stock, and I have no idea if this is how they appeared, or if they were in stock for a day. Considering there were only 1500 copies (of the box set, that is -- not the individual SACD's), it wouldn't surprise me if they all got snarfed.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, got my 9.

Notes on packaging. They come on the paper sleeves packaging. Not that bad. The sleeve that contains the SACD has a nice lining that protects the material.

I am listening to the redbook layer of aion. So far I can pick up a bit more clarity and less noise (artifacts) compared to the original. I am eager to try them in the sacd player later.

l8r!