Sony PFR-V1 Personal Field Speakers

postjack

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing to be done, son. They're sprouting up all over this forum. Dusty and Nate, too.

In that case, I think you should be Moderator, too. A big one, bigger than those Global Moderators.

My hiney is still sore from those spankings you gave me.

--

Off-topic I know, so...

The PFR-V1 has a unique soundstage, different from regular headphones. It is lightweight, but the outer part of my ears can become uncomfortable from the hooks. I think the PFR-V1... I can't remember anymore... blah blah blah

C'mon Alex, they're not that bad. You can compare them against the R10 I'm sending you. They might have more bass!

OK, they're not that great either. I wonder why I haven't been listening to them.

Fitz, I would give them to you free, but you're Team Vintage AKG, so I can't.

Taking into account that I much more enjoyed listing to a pair of recabled HD580's means something to me.

These Sony's truly are different. I took a pair apart from the metal housing and found there is an o-ring inside for a very tight seal. Once the driver was removed a bit the sound changed a lot so makes me wonder how they would sound as open or semi open phones.

Overall they are very light. The stock cable is like dental floss and after a few hours my ears started to feel weird from those hooks. You do have to get them to sit a certain way and adjust them with both adjusters to get a nice fit.

If they were cheaper I may be able to say get them for a bed rig or office rig, but at this price I can't.

-Alex-

Yes, I agree they're priced too high.

The target market is also unclear to me. It is fairly compact, comes with a carrying case and a short cord + mini-plug, as if it were designed for portable use. But it's completely open, so it needs a very quiet environment and can't be used in many portable situations.

I suppose it could be used at home with a portable Playstation or DAP.