Team Sony Unite!

Elephas

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess i turned a bright green by now....

Ah, the envy ;)

You ain't seen nothin' yet!

how are the PFR-V1 sounding?

are your sa5000 re-cabled?

I haven't listened to the PFR-V1 since a few days ago. It is still burning-in.

My SA5000 is still stock, but I'm planning to recable it with a balanced Enigma Oracle cable.

Pfft only 3. And no blue pair :(

I hate you.

I think the SA5000 are recable worthy. Nice opening of the sound. Not as dramatic as with the 010, but noticeable.

That is one of the things I still need to try someday. People keep telling me to try recabling the SA5k considering it seems that I strongly appreciated some of the things it had to offer while at the same time being abhorred by many of the other things it did. Hey, Jason (jjcha) actually convinced me that I wasn't crazy in liking them. I ended up selling the SA5k since it was too flawed to be my main headphone.

I like the stock SA5000 driven by the AT-HA5000. It reminds me a bit of the electrostatic sound of the Airbow SR-SC1 (a modified SR-404). Excellent details and clarity.

I use the SA5000 exclusively with fast-paced electronica, trance and remixes.

I expect it to benefit greatly from a recable.

You make those sound like bad things. Bud how did they sound? That's all that should matter with headphones.

Most would say they're total crap. Think Ultrasones. Others say they're good in a way. Think Ultrasones but with actually something to offer (much more speed and freakishly distinct instrument separation according to those who have owned them for long periods of time).

Most would say they're total crap. Think Ultrasones. Others say they're good in a way. Think Ultrasones but with actually something to offer (much more speed and freakishly distinct instrument separation according to those who have owned them for long periods of time).
If you read back a few posts, I've mentioned that I've heard the SA5000. They're not total crap -- I completely disagree with this assessment. And "most would say" -- that would be head-fi? Where "most would say" stuff about stuff they've never heard? That doesn't count. They're just regurgitating others' opinions.

If you read back a few posts, I've mentioned that I've heard the SA5000. They're not total crap -- I completely disagree with this assessment. And "most would say" -- that would be head-fi? Where "most would say" stuff about stuff they've never heard? That doesn't count. They're just regurgitating others' opinions.

Yeah, that's true. I had the feeling that a lot of people have heard or owned them though. :-\