6H30 tube question (+intro)

dste6

Hi all,

New guy here, just like to introduce myself. More of a speaker guy myself, but have recently discovered the virtues of a good headphone. Anyway, was wondering if anyone around here has had experience with the 6H30 tube, using a pair of sov's atm but im not liking the reliability of them (might be bad batch dunno). So was eyeing the electro-harmonix gold pin version, however some sources suggest they have a different pin config. I'm sus of this, anyone know weither this is true or not?

I don't think that any manufacturer would ever call a tube the same name and have a different pin configuration, that would strike me as absurd. And I just checked a couple of tube vendors (like thetubestore.com) and I don't see any mention of a different configuration for the 6H30Pi Gold version. You could always call some of them to check. Bottom line, I hope not since my Aikido (if it ever gets built) will use this tube and I already have a pair of the Pi's waiting to go in.

And welcome to Head-case. :)

Excellent thanx, the info wasnt from a vendor rather a seedy russian forum, then again my russian is pretty meh, reassuring none the less...it a nice wait to get anything shipped down here, only to find it aint right.

Actually i'll to to take this opportunity to flame out Little Dot. Their reputed service is lacking, as amp shipped in with a bung output tube, and the replacement is bout 3 weeks late (and counting), just got some 6n6p that do the job. Friend of mine also got a bad tube on arrival, and a bad replacement! Guess QC has a different meaning over there.

Opinions on MkIV? they love it over at head-fi, then again they rave about LD's customer service to :P, figures eh...

LD MkIV seems to be compatible with 5687,

FYI, if you read chinese:

http://erji.net/read.php?tid=468264

You have a little option on 6H30. The best even made is probably 6H30P-DR which you can still find here:

http://thetubestore.com/russian6h30pdr.html

Unfortunately not so, not on the regular MkIV (non-se) at lease; my friend had the misfortune of ordering some relatively expensive mullards only to find that indeed in that case the pin ORDER did not match....safe to say, he was pissed :D

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/little-dot-mk-iv-tube-rolling-259125/

Oh god, please tell me you're not paying $80 for a 6H30? The new stock ones are just as good as the old ones. Made in the same factory and to the same specifications.

:D :D nah im far too cheap, and im not entirely convinced that the DR variant will sound improvement to warrent the THREE fold different in price to the regular sovs, or the electro-harmonix makes.

:D :D nah im far too cheap, and im not entirely convinced that the DR variant will sound improvement to warrent the THREE fold different in price to the regular sovs, or the electro-harmonix makes.

They aren't any different I've compared the regular sovteks to the "DR" variant and they sound identical to me.