Need help with purchasing headphones.

Lobasuu

First of all, while typing this, I have a strange urge to jump out of the window while stabbing and choking myself at the same time. Why? Because I really think that I am not posting this in the correct sub-forum or even the right website. I browsed through this website and all the forums (the music one looks brilliant) and not only does the front page have a welcoming "I VOMIT ON GOD'S CHILD" on it ( :D) but I also couldn`t see any similar request threads. So, yeah, here is my apology in case I am a complete douchebag.

So, to the point. I am looking for some good headphones and by headphones I mean big ones like these, not little ones that go into your ears. Also:

* Under or near 100 bucks, since I am no serious audiophile (yet)

* Good/great durability (going to use the outside all the time)

* Short cord, since I am only going to use the outside

* The product should be from a well-known company, since I am going go try to find them in my country (which is a small country in Eastern-Europe with no electricity, running water or education for women) before ebaying.

Thanks in advance.

A lot of people, myself included, like yummy, colored headphones for their first. Headphones like the MS1's, which I love the sound of are in reality, for more refined ears. My first set of headphones that I loved were Grado sr-80's. They're fast, lively and have a visceral, punchy bass. They're $99 and like all the headphones mentioned so far in this thread, have a descent resale value if you don't like them.

maybe Sennheiser PX100/200. fairly cheap, closed and possibly sounding OK. however, if you can deal with an open can, go for the MS1. 99$, free shipping world wide, best sound you will get for the money.

PX100 is open. PX200 is closed.

If you can stand the goofy look and open design, add Koss Porta Pro to the list.

You should be able to find the Sennheiser HD555, the headphone in your link, for sale in local audio shops. It is an open headphone, and sound leaks in and out while you are wearing them.

I think closed headphones are more suitable for use outside. Noise in the environment will interfere less with the music and you won't have to turn the volume up as much.

The Sennheiser PX200 is an option. The HD280 Pro is bigger, and should provide better isolation. Maybe also consider the AKG K414P and K416P and the K512.

I've heard the three Sennheisers, but not the AKG's.