Impressions: Transformer Coupled Amp By Traformatic of Mladenovac, Serbia

Augsburger

Aerius, thanks for the great impressions and review. The Trafomatic does detail very well, voices whether doing jazz harmonies or in a choral composition you hear the detail of individual voices rather than a cacophony of music. For the $900 price point I agree this will be one amp that is hard to match, it looks nice too.

Aerius, thanks for the great impressions and review. The Trafomatic does detail very well, voices whether doing jazz harmonies or in a choral composition you hear the detail of individual voices rather than a cacophony of music. For the $900 price point I agree this will be one amp that is hard to match, it looks nice too.

It really is a beauty. IMO much better looking than the Mapletree and Yamamoto. Shame their 300B integrated uses a 6sn7 :'(

Have you looked at the Bottlehead kits? You would seem to be the kind of customer they are trying to address. You have the skill to build/modify them.

I have looked at them but the have one bit problem... all the transformers have a single 117v primary. While I could fit a step down inside the case it's just too much trouble.

They are. But I'm considering the custom built route :o (the speakers I'll probably get are very amp sensitive)

They are very good for sensitive speakers but since my tastes are more planar orientated I need a lot of goos stable tube power.

• 1 month later...

^^^bling bling. custom made for mc hamma

the guy in the first post didn't do all that bad of a job. i'd rather see "real" photos than marketing collateral anyway so be sure to thank him if you see him around!

do you notice the same as aerius when the volume is cranked up? i wonder how loud you have to go before this starts happening. i tend to listen fairly loud - maybe bad hearing. ???