Is the 4 pin XLR wiring configuration a standard?

Duggeh

I ask because the AKG K1000 uses one configuration (i was told it was this anyway):

1 - left channel live

2 - left channel earth

3 - right channel live

4 - right channel earth

Which I duplicated when i reterminated my Ergo AMT and made a Hirshmann adapter:

pin 1 - no connection to headphone

pin 2 - dotted line - left channel negative (2)

pin 3 - unmarked inside - left channel live (1)

pin 4 - no connection to headphone

pin 5 - unmarked outside - right chennel live (3)

pin 6 - continuous line - right channel negative (4)

...and duplicated again when I replaced the panel and connector on the TakeT H2/TR-2.

Except that the TakeT H2 paperwork, and the sets coming from the company dont use this configuration.

They have 3 as right earth and 4 as right live. The left channel on 1 and 2 is the same.

Have I been given the wrong information in the first place, or is it actually just up to any individual manufacturer? Is there a standard?

This clarification would be important for those who might be using a K1000 configuration pigtail to drive an H2 directly (if the K1000 XLR configuration I've been using is the right one)

Thanks.

That didn't stop Precide from sticking a Hirschmann on the AMT even though the jecklin electrostatic used the same connector (and so did the plasmasonic plasma headphone)

Stick the AMT into a Jecklin electrostatic transformer and say goodbye to the drivers because im fairly sure that they'd pick up the bias voltage as a drive signal.

Since when has common sense been the primary concern of anyone involved in hi-fi ;)