Cosecant USB DAC v3 (now with ASYNC mode) and the Benchmark USB DAC 1

tunes

Now that both the Wavelength Cosecant USB DAC v3 (now with ASYNC mode) and the Benchmark USB DAC 1 and DAC 1-PRE support 24-bit audio at sample rates up to 96 kHz without the installation of any drivers or other special software. I am having a hard time choosing between them. My primary headphones are the Ultrasone UE 9 and the Grado GS 1000. Has anyone out there heard both side to side at any of the meets??? Are there specific advantages of one over the other?

Why did Benchmark choose not to implement the asynchronous mode of USB ???? Is this really a better way to go?

There is a big price diff between the two and the Benchmark gives you a preamp and headphone amps to boot!

What's up with this? /////

Cosecant USB DAC v3 (now with ASYNC mode) and the Benchmark USB DAC 1 | Computer Audiophile

OP post #1 am I missing something? Full disclosure would be nice.

It's not his first post here. He posted before on the old forum software, but his posts were deleted because of forum software malfunction. I don't see anything wrong with his post.

Why did Benchmark choose not to implement the asynchronous mode of USB ???? Is this really a better way to go?

IIRC, the async USB does a much better job of minimizing jitter. Gordon Rankin (wavelength) discusses this quite a bit on diyhifi.org, if you care to look.

It's not his first post here. He posted before on the old forum software, but his posts were deleted because of forum software malfunction. I don't see anything wrong with his post.

My bad. Sorry, just a wee bit suspicious of everyone nowadays for some reason.