find my source a mate...an amp questions

I may just wait awhile as I can only assume that the SOHA, C2KIII, and M^3 kind of play in the same area as the KICAS.

I'm looking at internal shots of it now on Head-Fi.

I suspect that the MMM would have the KICAS for breakfast, and come back for seconds.

That would be awesome, thanks. The company name is Purity Audio.

Internal shots:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i45/rdh_skylab/DSCN8768.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i45/rdh_skylab/DSCN8771.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i45/rdh_skylab/DSCN8772.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i45/rdh_skylab/DSCN8767.jpg

Signal Path parts are chosen carefully for premium sound w/o boutique bullshit, and we used quality low-end (e.g. switchcraft RCA inputs,panasonic pots) to keep this thing affordable.

Our amusingly simple website: Purity Audio

Thanks Beefy.

You have an M3 handy? I have a couple of people on HF demo'ing Rob's unit now, you can probably check it out for yourself. In fact, if someone (wink, wink) does a side by side on the units and finds the M3 better (DBT, of course :) ), I'll take the challenge and DIY myself an M3!

Signal Path parts are chosen carefully for premium sound w/o boutique bullshit, and we used quality low-end (e.g. switchcraft RCA inputs,panasonic pots) to keep this thing affordable.

Admirable. I hope your venture does well amongst all the bullshit audiophilia.

I won't be offloading my MMM to try one though ;)

You have an M3 handy?

My primary amp........

donetopnt4.jpg

I have since removed the short circuited turn on the transformer, which to date is my silliest DIY mistake :eek:

you can probably check it out for yourself. In fact, if someone (wink, wink) does a side by side on the units

Being in Australia, not the easiest thing to organise and I only have very easy to drive Audio Technica phones. Find someone with some power hungry monsters for a better comparison ;)

Admirable. I hope your venture does well amongst all the bullshit audiophilia.

I won't be offloading my MMM to try one though ;)

I wouldn't expect you to - shipping would be a bitch (I'm in Canada) and my PSU only does NA voltage.

My primary amp........

I have since removed the short circuited turn on the transformer, which to date is my silliest DIY mistake :eek:

Being in Australia, not the easiest thing to organise and I only have very easy to drive Audio Technica phones. Find someone with some power hungry monsters for a better comparison ;)

She's a beaut. Maybe I should buy Thrice's unit off Rockhopper while he still has it there;)

Having 'slept on it', I now realize that first thing to do is take a course in using a multi-meter (know how to use one basically, but I've blown SMT resistors/caps trying to measure current flow through them:palm:) and practice comparing schematics to board layouts w/o any help. I knew I should have gone into electrical instead of mechanical back in school!!!:mad:

Having 'slept on it', I now realize that first thing to do is take a course in using a multi-meter (know how to use one basically, but I've blown SMT resistors/caps trying to measure current flow through them:palm:) and practice comparing schematics to board layouts w/o any help. I knew I should have gone into electrical instead of mechanical back in school!!!:mad:

How the fuck are you a MOT if you can't use a DMM?

How the fuck are you a MOT if you can't use a DMM?

now I can see why you're banned, LOL.

I can use a dmm, just limitedly. I didn't design the circuit, my partner did (read aboout 10 posts back); I redesigned it with him for production, spec'd new parts, tested comparison parts, etc.

It's funny - I hear simpletons on the other site and in other genres of life complaining about the price of amps when they tally up a limited list of parts and claim that a $700 amp costs $100 in parts at the most. One can easily forget on the other hand that just because someone is a whiz with electrical and electronic components that they're not necessarily suited to dealing with the practicalities required in transitioning from DIY to production and business concerns. 3 cases in the Headphone Amp industry come to mind before I can bat an eyelash.

Back to the original thread topic: Thanks for all the input, everyone. I'll defnitely look into your suggestions, and I'll definitely wait before I jump into a B22, unless my partner wants to babysit me in the project;D.

now I can see why you're banned, LOL.

So let me get this straight: You 'helped' "redesign" the circuit for production by "testing" it, yet you don't have a basic grasp on how to measure current.

Maybe I'm way off base here, but it seems ass backwards to have an electronic amateur 'redesigning and measuring' a circuit for production.

Maybe I'm way off base here, but it seems ass backwards to have an electronic amateur 'redesigning and measuring' a circuit for production.
I'm guessing that his contribution to the redesign was probably on the order of how the product could be more easily constructed, cost ananlysis and how choices would be viewed by the buying public. I doubt it had much to do with the electrical intricacies of the circuit. I know I've offered that type of feedback for amb and tangent before and made meaningful contributions despite my rather meager knowledge of circuit design. :)