Beatles signed for Rock Band game

NightWoundsTime

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Drums feel wrong? Sure they're not 100% accurate but you're hitting stuff with sticks, which feels pretty awesome to me.

I'm so sick of the "Play a real instrument" argument. I have, I was good at it. The difference is that I can play Rock Band with my friends who are completely musically challenged, and that's much better than trying to make friends with the type of people looking to form a band. I don't see how you'd ever expect your competently played but ultimately very boring bass recording to change someone's mind on fake plastic instruments, and I find the whole exercise a bit strange.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

I still do, and I made money doing it too, but I'm in the "rock band feels wrong" camp as well. No principled arguments, but the timing doesn't work for me. Something about it feels strange. Haven't played the drums, though, so maybe that'd fly.

In any case, I just want to be the Beatles. My 8 year old sister kicks my ass at guitar hero, and I'm cool with that.

*snip* that's much better than trying to make friends with the type of people looking to form a band. *snip*
Actually an extremely fair point...
I still do, and I made money doing it too, but I'm in the "rock band feels wrong" camp as well. No principled arguments, but the timing doesn't work for me. Something about it feels strange. Haven't played the drums, though, so maybe that'd fly.

In any case, I just want to be the Beatles. My 8 year old sister kicks my ass at guitar hero, and I'm cool with that.

The timing certainly feels weird to me as well. If they had made some effort to make the left hand fingering even remotely realistic, that would have helpd too.

Frankly, I tend to avoid playing in real life since I suck so hard at it and get made a ton of fun of as a result... especially after being a cocky asshole by spouting the whole "play a real instrument" shtick. On that note I'm off to go listen to some Big Star... "You Get What You Deserve" sounds appropriate.

i have a few friends and we have a pretty good band. We got Beatles rock band and we all feel that they could of done better. We ALL agree that we like GH5 much better.

I know the beatles and elvis are the original rockers out there...but i still feel we could of got something alittle more modern. They were trying to appeal to the older crowd with Beatles and they are failing, terribly. Sales for this is no where close to GH5 atm.

Since 90% of the market is teenagers, they really struck out with this. However, GH5 is going to release Van Halen in a few weeks and people get it for free if your pre ordered GH5.

A few things about GH5 that we LOVE over rock band...

1- drummer can go into overdrive whenever they want, Rock band you have to wait for a solo to come in and hit the last note.

2- GH5 looks SOOOOOOOO much better, easier on the eyes. Much easier to make out the notes.

3- If you fail in GH5, your band can still finish the song...the players left will have to pick it up of course, but at least its not a 1 member whole band fails.

4- Song selection is more modern rock...they seem to be just trying for the younger crowd with their song selections.

5- PARTY MODE IN GH5 is just pure AWESOME...people can play anytime, stop anytime, join in anytime and NEVER fail. This is great if you listening to music and hear a song you like and want to play.

6- GH5 Drums are LIGHT YEARS ahead of rock band drums, more realistic, comes with the cymbals, much much much more sturdy.

I see GH5 grabbing hold on the market and rock band taking 2nd...if they keep it up, GH will dominate the market cause of the differences i listed above.

Dont get me wrong, i love them both...but GH5 as of now has the lead over Rock band.

Here is a direct quote from Glick report about the sales of both...

Guitar Hero has sold 29 million units compared to 7.7 million units for Rock Band
Edited by HighLife

1- drummer can go into overdrive whenever they want, Rock band you have to wait for a solo to come in and hit the last note.

I really like the fills in regular rock band. I would agree that the Beatles version making you play the fill and kicking in overdrive at the end is a bit lame, but they were sticking to their gameplay mechanic and the fills are the only challenging drum bits in the whole Ringo repertoire.

I admit that I haven't played GH drums nearly as much as RB, but I never got used to the hitting both cymbals thing and so thus I don't like it.

2- GH5 looks SOOOOOOOO much better, easier on the eyes. Much easier to make out the notes.

Again, I'm just used to RB style notes now, so I'm bothered by GH more.

3- If you fail in GH5, your band can still finish the song...the players left will have to pick it up of course, but at least its not a 1 member whole band fails.

I like the extra challenge, and sometimes the knockdown dragouts after someone fails a song are as fun as the game itself.

4- Song selection is more modern rock...they seem to be just trying for the younger crowd with their song selections.

Ok, we already had the argument where you called the Beatles "soft rock", which is a huge failure on your part. For those who *adore* the Beatles music, playing the Beatles music will be a great experience. For those who don't, you're probably going to be bored.

GH5's song selection is pretty ho-hum for me. Then again RB's on-disc selections were the same way. Where RB wins is in truly excellent DLC. The only DLC I've picked up for GH was the Metallica pack, and everything else has seemed pretty weak. I'm sitting on near 300 songs for Rock Band 2, and I've enjoyed every one of them.

5- PARTY MODE IN GH5 is just pure AWESOME...people can play anytime, stop anytime, join in anytime and NEVER fail. This is great if you listening to music and hear a song you like and want to play.

Yes, very cool.

6- GH5 Drums are LIGHT YEARS ahead of rock band drums, more realistic, comes with the cymbals, much much much more sturdy.

Haven't played the GH drums yet. I've got the cymbals with my RB drums and love the setup. Sturdiness is definitely not an issue for my big badass self beating on them, usually in a drunken manner, so I think you're probably wrong. Unless the GH drums are built out of titanium and carbon fiber.

Oh yeah, and since when did sales decide what was good in this world.

The band broke the previous record for the most consecutive weeks an artist has ever spent at #1 on the Hot 100

That's the Black Eyed Peas, for "I Gotta Feeling".

Edited by NightWoundsTime