has anybody ordered a DSLR at a rediculously low price?

Chekhonte

Unless you need video, and why you'd want video in your DSLR body quite frankly escapes me, pick up a D80 which is probably considerably less expensive now. I've seen bodies for ~$500 slightly used. Of course if you really want to take pictures and don't care about the street cred of the body I'd probably go after a D2H.

In Australia, super-cheap cameras are almost always grey imports out of Hong Kong. They are generally the real deal product, but without local tech support or warranty support. Not sure how it is in the US though.

It is the exact same situation down here with cheap headphones.

Unless you need video, and why you'd want video in your DSLR body quite frankly escapes me, pick up a D80 which is probably considerably less expensive now. I've seen bodies for ~$500 slightly used. Of course if you really want to take pictures and don't care about the street cred of the body I'd probably go after a D2H.

yeah i'm thinking about getting a d80, amazon has them at around 500. I need at least 10mp camera. I have to take digital slides of some sculpture to apply for grants and some places have a 10mp requirement otherwise I'd look at that d2h.

Just to make sure, older nikkor lenses from the 90s for their film SLRs work with the digital cameras right?