Thinking about buying a crazy high end source...

philodox

Ummm, that's a computer Eaphan... :P

Anyways... if I do get the lessloss, it will be a custom implementation with headphone xlr connectors on the front of the unit, their volume control, and hopefully two digital inputs on the back so that I can slave both my eastsound and my squeezebox to it. [my FLAC ripper also happens to have most of the qualities that $10k doohickey you linked has 8)]

EDIT: And aren't Delta Sigma DAC's considered sort of icky? :D

This mother of tone stuff looks cool as well... someone linked it in head-fi recently.

I've also been considering that 2K DIY amp that was posted a while back... I'll see if I can find the link. It is completely different in design from the lessloss. More of a crazy overdone bruteforce approach as compared to lessloss' rather simple design.

Guest sacd lover

Hey guys,

Recently I have been considering this...

www.lessloss.com

...as a replacement for my Lavry.

Any thoughts? I am undecided right now, mainly due to the cost.

- Jay

I think you need to give Welly Wu a pm for consultation. ;D

Take one for the team!

According to the this brief intro/impressions, it's better than a Wadia...grain of salt as always, but seems promising. Oh yeah, and it costs $10k.

Bah just by a freaking computer and use your own dac for that much... "angling spindle".. what BS.

Philodox, I have a pretty large mental list of various crazy amps and sources I've seen from 1-2.5kish, I'll post the ones I can remember tomorrow (about to go to sleep) so I can make the decision that much harder for you. ;D

EDIT: And aren't Delta Sigma DAC's considered sort of icky? :D

Thats BS, the CS4398's in my modded sacd 1000 are delta-sigma dacs and as anyone who has heard it can attest it sounds anything but icky ;D . As with most things in audio I think piss poor implementation has a lot to do with the negative talk you hear about them.

Hungry - Thanks man, you are a real pal. ;D

Reks - Did you actually read all the literature on their site? They seem knowledgable and surprisingly grounded for a hifi audio company. I wouldn't write off a company because they typed an 'i' instead of a 'y'. :P

Actually, I was thinking of taking four RS Hornets and doing something with them. It would take two to a channel in a bridged format. Then I would have mono blocks for a really crappy pair of cube 4" box speakers from Rat Shack and a source CD/DVD player from Daewoo. A perfectly matched system. No fancy schmancy $10,000 dac needed. This leaves in excess of $8500 for beer and pretzels. ;)