Thinking of getting some decent lower cost some speakers

Guest sacd lover

Guest sacd lover

Any of you guys heard the Ascend Acoustics? I love small two ways like the 170SE. But I really like the Ascend 340SE ... MTM + high efficiency = big soundstage, big dynamics. The 340 is a lot like my old JM Labs I liked so well. Plus, I usually like soft dome tweeters > metal dome tweeters.

Any input will be greatly appreciated ....

Audiophile Loudspeakers and Subwoofers for Home Theater and Music - Ascend Acoustics, renowned speakers,subs,audio

Guest sacd lover
What will you be amping them with Earl?

I am probably going to get another Monarchy SM-70 Pro and I already have an Axiom passive.

Man I really torn between the 170SE and the 340SE. I wont be able to use them that much but I just miss having speakers. The 170SE should be more than adequate but the 340SE is only a couple hundred more. Zach, did you use the Ascend speaker stands on the 340SE? I have some 24" stands but the top plate is pretty small.

"...built..."

...and you don't have time to mod the Orthos?!?!?

(Don't mind me, just giving you a hard time...I have to admit to being envious of your abilities..."

Back on topic: some of my favorite speakers I've ever heard were cloth-dome (Spendor S3/5's). But I've also heard metal domes which I've really liked.

Okay, that did nothing for the thread, I think I'll move along...