I2S cables??

adam71

Hello all, I am a newcomer to the forum. This would be my 1st post. My name is Adam. I enjoy long walks on the beach. LOL. J/k. Anyway, I use Audio Alchemy gear for my digital front end. I am using a AA DTI-32PRO with a DDE v3.0. I use a Rotel transport (not high end but no analog output). At this time I'm using coax cables with BNC connectors to connect the 2 AA products. My AA owner's manual claims that the I2S bus is the BEST way to connect these units. Well, I bought these units used and I do not currently possess a I2S cable. I was wondering if anyone on here knows where I can get my hands on one.?? I feel I'm not getting the most out of this gear and am at a loss.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.;)

There really isn't a standard for an I2S cable. But, one connector I've seen in use goes by the name 13W3 and used to be used on sold SGI and Sun workstations. Search Ebay and see what you can find. These also pop-up on Audiogon from time to time. I think Camelot made one. The other connector I've seen is the RJXX variety and should be easy to track down.

I'd talk to Mark Schifter over at AV123.com.

AA was his company, and if he can't source any AA I2S cables, he can sure give you some pertinent info on compatible cables.

I wouldn't be surprised if his Perpetual Technologies I2S cable uses the same pinout.

There is a forum there that should prove quite useful in answering your questions.

Edited by swt61

• 3 weeks later...