South Florida 3/7/09

NightWoundsTime

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nothing wrong with that, raffy.

btw, yes, I did notice the UD 10 at the meet sitting down in the corner, but didn't know who's it was. I've had one, and it would behave the same as the BC Thingee on the same laptop I had at the meet, so am beginning to think it is a computer issue with that box. Interesting that the Pico usb connection was rock solid, though. Have to have a talk with Justin to see what flavor of pixie dust he uses to accomplish that.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually stole the RS1s and MS2s for a quick listen on Mark's amp - loved both, and it proved to me that a.) Mark's amp was great for both high and low impedance cans, and b.) that I need to get a pair of higher end Grados (except for GS or PS1000s) again. My first listen to the Alessandros, and was very impressed. ZDo you prefer one of those (RS1 vs MS2i) over the other?

I was reluctant to just grab them and walk around the room without knowing whose they were. Thanks for mentioning.

... My first listen to the Alessandros, and was very impressed. ZDo you prefer one of those (RS1 vs MS2i) over the other?

Well, I've had the MS2i for quite a while, but received the used RS1 the very day of the meet (I went to the post office to pick it up; literally opened it in the showroom), so I don't have much experience to draw any conclusions. This week I listened to the RS1 for two hour tops, but will do more listening this weekend.

The RS1 is my first pure Grado. Prior to that (and the MS2i), I had the MS1. Everyone knows the Alessandros are a bit more neutral than the Grados, but i've never tested this for myself.