South Florida 3/7/09

NightWoundsTime

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I can't help with the drink impressions, but I'll say that it was a perfect-size, low key meet I actually listened to every rig except dom's because he was hogging it the whole time. Stand outs:

mikey's luxman + Galibier TT + Senns (650 and 600) = beautiful.

guss2's aristaeus + HE90s (blanking on his source right now) is always good

I liked the Woo6 SE enough to wish I spent more time with it

Mark Reid's little tube amp, running with an Exemplar 2900 sounded really good with HD650s, and as some of you know, I tend to be really picky about that sort of thing

ttvj's new little amp was paired with my APL Phillips. I rather liked it with Miguel's modded D5000s, but didn't like it as much with the HD600s.

I was pleasantly surprised by a little Xin amp that Miguel was beta testing (C4 or C5) with the esw10s + ipod touch. Lord knows Xin's unrealible and makes changes faster than he makes amps, and I also wasn't over impressed with four previous models I've heard (though I liked them), but thinking sq alone I really liked the combo. Also, this tiny amp has both a 1/4 and mini headphone out.

I also enjoyed my own rig quite a bit, which was nice to confirm. :)

Oh, also confirmed that I really think the Ultrasone 780s are gawd awful, and although the markl modded Denon D5000s are decent headphones, they can't touch R10s for sq.

I'l remember more later....or not

Great seeing everyone again, and just hanging out is always the best part.

Trying to help Dusty with names:

Saturday-5.jpg

Crappy

Saturday-13.jpg

Raffy

Saturday-Afternoon-2.jpg

Gary/guss2

Saturday-Afternoon-3.jpg

Carl/carlseibert talking to Dom/Highlife with Mike and NewGuy

Saturday-Afternoon-4.jpg

Mark Reid, tube amp maker, listening to his amp while Carl talks to Alex/1117

Saturday-Afternoon-12.jpg

Mammaltoe!

Saturday-Afternoon-15.jpg

Miguel/mrarroyo

Saturday-Afternoon-17.jpg

The Queen

Davie-March-09-6.jpg

Can I get names to go with the faces? I don't recognize everyone there.

Translation: Who's the hottie?

L to R: Matt/Susan the Hottie and friend of JP's who was missing me something fierce/JP/Mike/Gary/Gene

Edited by Voltron

Mike:

Just out of curiosity, was there a vast difference between how your turntable setup sounded in meet conditions and at home? Probably a worthless question, but just curious :)

It sounded like my tt at home except with a lot of loud voices coming from behind me. :)

It sounded like my tt at home except with a lot of loud voices coming from behind me. :)

That's what she said.

Looks like fun was had by all. Sorry I missed the phone call Vicki... I've been sick and had already gone to bed by that point. I sleep like the dead... nothing wakes me up.

Looks like a good time!

Out of interest, has there been a New England meet in recent memory? Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to achieve a quorum.

No, we haven't had a good and proper NE meet in a long time. I don't have the time to plan one and Dave (drp) who used to do a lot of the leg work has been crazy too. I've taken to trying to attend the NYC meets when I can and will be going this month. You should try and make the trek.

Time to check yourself into Vicki's center and sell me your TT

Looks like a good time!

Out of interest, has there been a New England meet in recent memory? Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to achieve a quorum.

The NYC meets are awesome, and since you're in Boston you're even closer than us NH'ers, no excuse!

The NYC meets are awesome, and since you're in Boston you're even closer than us NH'ers, no excuse!

Will the traveling HC contingent be staying over? Not that meeting people and listening to gear aren't fun activities in and of themselves, but a little bonus late-night debauchery in Manhattan might just put it over the edge. :)

Will the traveling HC contingent be staying over? Not that meeting people and listening to gear aren't fun activities in and of themselves, but a little bonus late-night debauchery in Manhattan might just put it over the edge. :)

I'm not too sure.

I usually go up the day before to party/crash with some friends in Manhattan. I have to miss the upcoming meet due to work :(

I don't think that I'll be staying over for this meet but some may and there's usually enough of the local crew sticking around for good times to be had. Right now the plan is to Cannon Ball Run down Saturday morning and make the return trip late that night. I'm hoping my copilot will be available.

Depending on how un-broke I am, beer is on me if you come down.

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to write my first post here in Head-Case to say that Mike's Galibier/Luxman rig was freakin' awesome! Paired with the RS-1s, they sounded so natural, accurate but real smooth. I've never heard a TT in an audiophile setup but what an intro! I was expecting vinyl to be a little too laid back and analog for me but boy, was I wrong. I can easily live with this rig for a really long time but I'll probably never be able to afford it :)

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to write my first post here in Head-Case to say that Mike's Galibier/Luxman rig was freakin' awesome! Paired with the RS-1s, they sounded so natural, accurate but real smooth. I've never heard a TT in an audiophile setup but what an intro! I was expecting vinyl to be a little too laid back and analog for me but boy, was I wrong. I can easily live with this rig for a really long time but I'll probably never be able to afford it :)

Excellent first post. Make sure you read the welcome pm and don't be an asshat. Follow those instructions and you will be okay.