South Florida 3/7/09

NightWoundsTime

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the sake of continuity, yesterday's meet impressions from the planning thread are linked here ...

Lunch

http://www.head-case.org/forums/212655-post58.html

DOTU missing us

http://www.head-case.org/forums/212748-post66.html

Dinner

http://www.head-case.org/forums/212763-post70.html

Now, on to today ...

Well, I guess these first two are still last night, in the wee hours

Saturday-1.jpg

Saturday-2.jpg

And here are the real today ones starting the meet ...

Saturday-3.jpg

Saturday-4.jpg

Saturday-5.jpg

Saturday-6.jpg

Saturday-7.jpg

Saturday-8.jpg

Saturday-9.jpg

Saturday-10.jpg

Saturday-11.jpg

Saturday-12.jpg

Saturday-13.jpg

Great meet so far with great friends and amazing gear.

Galibier TT with the Luxman so far is sound of the meet for me.

Gary's HE90 rig was smoking with Porcupine Tree

New amp from Mark Reid is nothing short of amazing I hope we get pics of this up

The TTVJ fet-a is great and sound really good with the APL modded philips. This amp is a steal at the price

x2 on Mark's little beauty - much good stuff here, and impressions will follow (later, much later ...) Highlights so far are tyrion's tt to the Lux P-1, Mark's proto tube amp from Exlempar'd Denon 2900 (even made K701s come alive), Gary's always amazing Aristaeus to HE90 from the Sony SCD-1, etc, etc ... Here are some more in progress pix ... eat your hearts out.

Saturday-Afternoon-1.jpg

Saturday-Afternoon-2.jpg

Saturday-Afternoon-3.jpg

Saturday-Afternoon-4.jpg

Saturday-Afternoon-5.jpg

Saturday-Afternoon-6.jpg

Saturday-Afternoon-7.jpg

Saturday-Afternoon-8.jpg

Saturday-Afternoon-9.jpg

Saturday-Afternoon-10.jpg

Saturday-Afternoon-11.jpg

Saturday-Afternoon-12.jpg

Saturday-Afternoon-13.jpg

Saturday-Afternoon-14.jpg

Saturday-Afternoon-15.jpg

Saturday-Afternoon-16.jpg

Saturday-Afternoon-17.jpg

Paralyzed by a dart to the back of the neck, Mike is subjected to DannyB's audio philosophy and how his sales efforts are helping the young people . . .

Nice to see many familiar faces over there, but there seem to be way too many drams of the Willett being consumed! Gene actually claimed that the bottle -- my bottle -- is on its last swig. :eek: Damn you people. Damn you all to hell.

mark reid should change his name to mr awesome builder. i would put him up there with nate and stephen and the like without a seconds thought. gear sounded amazing and also looked the part. fairly certain that there wasnt a single person at the meet who didnt enjoy the headphone amp he had built. also in attendance was a very cool spaceship looking speaker amp. never knew that speaker amp circuits could be that simple. the thing was just beautiful. last appeared a cable for the hd650s which was a rather odd bright blue color which was a little off putting initially but when i plugged it into my 650s good god was it amazing. the bass was the best part for me. very plentiful but didnt smother anything else. also a littler brighter cable than the mogami cable mike had lent me. did everything perfect.

vickis r10s were amazing to listen to...again. but the real show stopper for me were the he90s. i used to think nothing could come close to the r10s but the he90s are in a different league altogether. sure it is the first time ive heard them so that probably factored in but it simply was an amazing experience. r10s were nice but he90s were mind blowingly good.

mikes new tt was a sight to behold. very industrial looking tt which was battery powered...certainly adds to the coolness factor when you see it for the first time. it sounded quite amazing. dont know if it was actually the p1 doing the work or if it was the tt but i couldnt hear any of the surface noise associated with vinyl. perhaps really good lps. either way top notch gear rig.

woo 6se was a nice friendly reminder. i certainly like it more than the extreme now that i had a chance to hear them side by side. it had a nice little bright sheen that mikes rig didnt have...perhaps that was the difference between analog and digital. not to say mikes rig didnt resolve as well - it was just a lot warmer and smoother. woo 6 was brighter and therefore a little more crisp to my ears. long term i would probably pick the p1 if i had the money. highs were nice for a while with the woo 6 but im sure i would have out grown them if i had to live with them.

alo prices aside, surprisingly good quality out of that little ipod dock raffy had.

overall a great meet as was expected. im sure the gang is out right now getting wasted and spreading the goodwill of headphone fanatics. great to see old friends and to make new ones. glad i didnt leave after the first hour :)

Fun meet (again). We're far more mellow than usual at the moment with Matt, Gene, Mike, John and I just hanging out. Will post impressions sometime. I just have to note the we were shunned by Al, Nate, Stephen, and Aaron. Not only did they not attend the meet, they did not acknowledge their obligation to answer our calls. What kind of friends are these? For shame.

x2 on cj's impressions of Mark Reid's work. Here are three of his 5 wpc power amp.

Saturday-Night-3.jpg

Saturday-Night-5.jpg

Saturday-Night-6.jpg

Here is pizza from the food break ... Mike thought 3 would be enough, we made him order 4, and they were gone in 45 seconds. Great pies.

Saturday-Night-1.jpg

Saturday-Night-2.jpg

Here's the rest of the meet.

The Younger doing a Stevio ...

Saturday-Night-4.jpg

Here's the after at Alligator Alley. Terrific band - Johhny Sketch and the Dirty Notes. 6 pieces (Lead Guitar, Bass, Drums, and 3 person horn section (2 sax + trumpet). They killed, and the joint was hopping. Oyster Po' Boys ruled, too.

Saturday-Night-7.jpg

Saturday-Night-8.jpg

Saturday-Night-9.jpg

Saturday-Night-10.jpg

Saturday-Night-11.jpg

Oh, did I not mention the Cello?

Saturday-Night-12.jpg

All in all, another amazing FL meet. I am thankful for my FL brothers and sisters and the good times we have. By blood oath, the camera was shut down some time ago, so you have no access to the secret proceedings and carrying on that continues even now. As they say ... no tickee, no seeie.

Fun meet (again). We're far more mellow than usual at the moment with Matt, Gene, Mike, John and I just hanging out. Will post impressions sometime. I just have to note the we were shunned by Al, Nate, Stephen, and Aaron. Not only did they not attend the meet, they did not acknowledge their obligation to answer our calls. What kind of friends are these? For shame.

I apologize but I was in Mayberry last night with no cell service. I forgot about the impact it would have on my obligation to take calls from you all and I am ashamed. :sadcat: