Cave Story

Chekhonte

This is a freeware game inspired by the play controls in Super Metroid. It's the best freeware game I've ever played. I highly recommend picking it up and playing it if you have some free time. It's about 8 hours long and fun all the way through. It's available for both mac and pc, it works on Vista fine.

Cave Story (Doukutsu Monogatari), A Tribute Site

the difficulty does ramp but once you get the nuances of the controls down you can blow through enemies and bosses with ease. It felt hard to me at first but now I can beat the game with only dying a hand full of times and I'm not even all that good at games.

that's pretty impressive that you've already made it to the sacred grounds and with full health. I've only managed to make it with 50 out of 54 health. Man that stage it challenging. There are five bosses in that stage with no save points. I've only managed to beat 2 of them.

• 4 weeks later...
This is such a great game. I can't wait to replay the WiiWare 16 bit remix.

I don't have a wii but am considering picking up a used one off of craigslist just to play it whenever it comes out and then just selling the wii after I get burned out on it.

As for you people having trouble with the sacred grounds, you'll master it. It was painfully hard and frustrating for me but once I played through it about 100 times I could beat it almost every try and I'm only mediocre at games.