Audio-gd Phoenix

Edwood

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TheMonkey

There is no UL certification here, you're right. I think the fact that some of his gear may or may not be fused on the IEC would be something you might refer to. As somebody mentioned, walking away from your house for the day with it running is a percentage game I guess. I think it was said that on the Compass there was a fuse that had to be replaced by Kingwa if it blew. I guess it's on the underside of something there because I didn't see it. You bring up a valid point/concern that I actively decided to ignore when buying his gear. I knew what I was getting into with this. I just checked my DV and the IECs on it are fused, Kingwa's are not.

Thank you, Les, that's exactly the type of info I was seeking.

I'm curious why you haven't seen fit to upgrade your re-assessment of the C-2C to the A-GD pages at HF, one of which is your review of it??

I don't believe I need to update anything. What I wrote was what I knew or believed at the point in time I wrote it. Some errors I made I believe I have corrected already. If you see anything you believe is currently wrong, please let me know.

Missed the edit limit: I remove one comment I made that, in hindsight, is over the top, from my C2C review.

About the fuses (with my details removed):

Dear Amos,

We order the transformers inc the fuse in it. Transformers fuse can protect by heat and over current, I think this can offer the best protect.

Kingwa

在2009-06-30,"[removed]" <[removed]> 写道:

>Hi Kingwa,

>

>Do all the products you make have fuses in them?

>

>:)

>

>Amos

• 4 weeks later...
i will get the Audio-Gd Roc in the near future and will compare it to nice tube amps ,

in Northern NJ July 25th Meet Impressions the Phoenix turned to be an average amp maybe it was feeded poorly

You were a douche at Head-Fi, clearly you're not going to be much else here. Goodbye.

Guest sachu
With all due respect to Kingwa I disagree that having to replace the entire transformer in the event of a fuse failure is the "best way". Especially when that replacement trafo is half way around the world.

I wonder if Kingwa means the thermal protection built into all transformers in the form of lamination. But boy, if that pops it would be an ugly mess inside the case.

I have had it happen once to me and in that event without a fuse on the secondaries you will have to replace a whole bunch of stuff than just the damn transformer.