Multichannel Amp recommendations?

Edwood

Which makes it all the sweeter that you get most of its core functionality included with your $1400 receiver/pre-pro. :)

Indeed! I'm curious how well the trinnov compares to audyssey room correction. I'm sure there's probably a shootout somewhere on the web, haven't looked yet though :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the Crowson Tactile Transducers. They are rated at 6 Ohms, so it would be like running speakers. I can use a lower Ohm rated Amp like 4 Ohms, which outputs a little less power, but I should NOT use a higher Ohm rating in an Amp like 8 Ohms. Correct?

Nice deal for the Bass Shakers.

Never really liked their effect, though. They just vibrate. I found the Crowson Tech to be more convincing, less fake feeling. The Crowson tactile transducers are linear actuators rather than shakers or vibrators (lol, uh).

Of course, they are hella expensive compared to those Bass shakers.

-Ed

Can the Trinnov or Audyssey be turned on and off easily?

I'll be using a Smyth SVS Realiser, so I don't want the other room correction stuff interfering.

On all the Audyssey receivers I've used it's been extremely easy to change or turn off the room correction.

I have another option.

Perhaps kill two hamsters with one brick.

Get a decent 7 Channel amp. (trying to keep budget under $500 for this one) Use 5 channels for my 5 NHT Super Zeroes. Use the remaining 2 Channels for the two Crowson Tactile transducers.

I figure I need one that has at least 150 watts per channel at 4 Ohms.

The Crowson Transducers are rated at 50-500 watts at 6 Ohms.

The NHT Super Zeroes are rated at 100 watts at 8 Ohms.

-Ed

Hmmm. Looks like my best offer for the Crowson A200 Amp was accepted.

Crowson A200 TES Stereo Amplifier built in 200Hz low pa - eBay (item 120442782737 end time Jul-13-09 05:17:33 PDT)

Unless I get a really nice price on a 7 channel amp, I might just put the multichannel amp on the back burner.

Funny thing, is I found out that the SVS Realiser has adjustable low pass and gain levels digitally for it's Tactile output. :P

I think I might go the cheaper route and buy only one Crowson Tactile Transducer and run the Crowson A200 amp bridged mono for more power, rather than two Tactile Transducers at less power.

-Ed