wow, so the sansa clip+ is actually a good player now

Chekhonte

I don't own one actually, I just didn't see flac support on the sansa website. I need an ultraportable solution for the gim, the ipod+pico slim being huge in this context.

Anyone tried this with the shure E4c?

Sansa Clip+ is close to being rockboxed as soon as they get USB mount support built-in and fix a few stability issues it seems. The user manual claims it already supports FLAC natively however.

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/downloads/um/clip+-en-um.pdf

page 5

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plays flac for me (Sansa Clip and Sansa Clip+). Check out the forum at Sansa Clip / Clip+ - abi>>forums for a good source of info.

Using their advice, no extra software to install for Upgrading the firmware, or transferring files!

plays nice with Etys. Plays even Nicer with JH-13's. No complaints about Sansa Clip+ -> Pico Slim -> JH-13's :)

Edited by Grahame

The latest versions of Rockbox are really stable as far as music playing goes. FLAC and a ton of other formats are supported (including AAC which is not supported on the regular Clip+). Installation is a bit complicated, but not too hard. Basically follow the instructions on this page: SansaAMS < Main < Wiki

^ But grab the latest version of Rockbox for the Clip+ and use it instead of the normal Rockbox build. Daily builds are here: Rockbox SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Daily Builds

I was able to do drag and drop with the original firmware with both USB settings (MTP and MSC IIRC). MSC makes the Clip+ look like a USB mass storage drive, MTP is a little bit more user friendly I guess? One thing to be careful of is if you drag and drop multiple files/folders consecutively, they will queue up in MTP mode and start after the last is finished, but in MSC mode they will try to transfer at the same time which is completely inefficient and takes infinity long to complete. So if you're in MSC mode just make sure to wait until the last transfer is finished before you drop in something else.

Also, to lock the keys in Rockbox, hit the Home button + Center button simultaneously on the Now Playing screen. Same thing to unlock.