Schiit Asgard

Smeggy

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So question: is the Valhalla the latest FOTM on H-F now? I don't dare read......(I only visit H-F for the naked pictures....I mean, the marketplace forums....not the articles)

In all seriousness, for anyone that can wade through the crap and get a concept of how the Asgard really sounds, I'm hoping for realistic thoughts on the relative merits of the Valhalla.

Gene's input is intruiging, especially considering the source and the fact that it worked well with high sensitity, low impedence IEM's.

I still have my Asgard, but it don't get used so much.... O2 rig for most listening, but I still like the refinement of the Millet Max for casual dynamic listening. Might consider a move from Asgard to Valhalla.

I honestly could care less what HF thinks of either the Asgard or Valhalla at this point. I agree with the consensus of most here, that Schiit appears to very reputable and has actually put some thought into their position within the industry. That alone should intrigue anyone who's spent some time in this hobby.

And yes, Gene posting good things about the Valhalla is pretty awesome. Gotta give props to the man, he never stops rocking the shit and always seems to make me want to buy the gear he is writing about (from Accuphase sources to vintage Pioneer amps, etc.).