Blu-spec CD

faust3d

Just stumbled onto this stuff. Anyone has one of these? Is this just another gimmick?

Weather Report - 8:30

Blu-spec CD describes an Audio CD manufactured by a proprietary process introduced by Sony in late 2008. Its name derives from the similar manufacturing process to that used to create Blu-ray Discs. Instead of a traditional infra-red laser, a blue laser is used for recording the pits on the CD master that is needed for disc replication. The blue laser creates more precise pits, causing less distortion in the optical read-out process.

A Blu-spec CD can be played on all CD players and does not require a blue laser to be read

I have a couple of them, they sound really good but it is hard to tell if they are really that much better than plain RB versions if I could even find any. One in particular that I have does come in a two pack with one in Blue spec and one in RB, the music is something I am unfamiliar with and quite frankly I haven't had the time to sit down and really compare.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a couple of them, they sound really good but it is hard to tell if they are really that much better than plain RB versions if I could even find any. One in particular that I have does come in a two pack with one in Blue spec and one in RB, the music is something I am unfamiliar with and quite frankly I haven't had the time to sit down and really compare.

Thanks for this, I will get one if I can it for "sane" price. :)

• 3 weeks later...