HiFiMAN HE-6

Shahrose

Over on head-fi Fang started up an HE-6p loaner thread where he gives some insight on where they lay in his lineup.

This headphone will come in a housing similar to the HE-6 but has a different color earpieces. Benefiting from our unique magnetic circuit design, HE-6P headphones are very efficiency (93db, 38 Ohm). The HE-6P can be easily driven by our portable players, and even by an apple ipod. Because HE-6P did not use the gold diaphragm which made HE-6 very difficult to drive, HE-6Ps' high is not as perfect as HE-6, and lacking the potential to be driven by Hi-end speaker amplifier to get really Hi-end experience. HE-6P sound better than HE-5LE and will be priced between HE-6 and HE-5LE.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

What are you guys driving these with? I tried them on a few quality headphone amps with good results but not "wow". I then tried them on a SS speaker amp. I got my "wow" results. I am now using a tube amp and believe I've found my sound. Now I want to come down in amp size, expand on 3-D presentation while keeping the tube flavor. I'd like to keep this in a working man's budget if possible but if it takes more, I'm prepared to save.

This has been my first foray into headphone orthos but I have been attracted to stats and planar speakers for years. This is a sound I can live with from a headphone so I'd like to get them tweaked and get off the road to discovery at the next stop and enjoy the music while I still can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...