Forum Software Change - Saturday Jan. 15th at Noon EST

tkam

Due some recent issues with the vBulletin software (the double post problem for example) and the general direction I see the software headed in (off a cliff). I've made the decision to switch to IPB Community & Forum Software - Invision Power Services, Inc..

Now for the good news, just about every feature currently available will be available with the new software. Existing links will continue to work, the links will change but old links will get re-directed to the new link. All user info including passwords will get migrated, so you won't be forced to reset your password, just login as usual.

Right now I'm planning to do this change this Saturday, January 15th at Noon EST. If anything happens between now and then that delays that plan I'll update this post. I really don't know how long this switch will take, but I'm going to be safe and give myself a 4 hour window to get it done.

If something does go wrong I can always revert back, but with the testing and planning I've done I think it will be pretty smooth.

Sorry should have mentioned in my initial post, Tapatalk will still work, the folks that make it have plugins for just about every forum software. Brent as far as posts creating a new tweet, I know there is some twitter integration available, I'll have to look into it more.