Facebook Screws Members' Photos!

Jon L

Oh, snap! Has anyone noticed that today Facebook has changed their photo viewer, so that when you click on a photo to view, the bottom of the photo is cut off in order to display an ad at the lower right corner. Only way to view the entire photo is to keep pushing control/- to make the photo small. Absolute FAIL and shows where Facebook is headed!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10100503334101314

This.

Also, what did you expect, Facebook isn't a photo hosting site.

True, but lots of people share their photos with family/friends in other countries, etc, so viewing a photo should be hassle-free, at least one would think.

At any rate, a work-around is to right click on the photo and click "reload," which brings back the older viewer which allows you to blow up the photo by control + feature. Unfortunately, one must do this for each photo every time! This works in Firefox and Chrome but not in Internet Explorer by the way, and there's reports that Mac users' photos don't get cut off.

A company supposedly worth $50 billion can certainly hire a competent web designer, one would hope. And who came up with the brilliant idea of sticking a random ad on a photo viewer when the user is LEAST interested in looking at an ad and wants to look at a photo?

Edited by Jon L

Pretty much every major revision Facebook has made has been terrible (at least since I joined in I think '05) and people have been saying the same thing for years now but it's still the most popular social networking site. Dunno what that says.

This is how I feel. I liked the simplicity of the site before but they keep trying to fix something that's not really broken and it sucks. I don't mind most of the new photo features but the pop-up black box deal sucks.