New! HeadRoom Desktop Balanced Amp!

Tyll Hertsens

• 1 month later...

I like the stealth introduction of their own line of cables! >:D

More About HeadRoom Cabling

Our newly-available HeadRoom connector cables are hand-crafted in our Bozeman Montana plant by highly skilled technicians using only the very best materials available. No cheapo, noisy wiring here, babe! The Fat Pipe geometry is a four-conductor with braided shield cable featuring Golden Ratio, oxygen-free, pure copper Litz wire with pure teflon dialectrics just like the big boys. The connectors are terminated by hand using Cardas Ultra Pure Quadeutectic solder. The connectors are mechanically inert, isolated from electrical noise and completely resonance-free, producing a very quiet, musical and superbly accurate cable capable of beautiful sound reproduction.

I've had a chance to sample the cable and it's pretty darn sweet and it's the smallest diameter commercial cable I've seen. I think it caries 4x26ga conductors w/ at least one shield in a package smaller than mini starquad. It also has a very nice rubbery coating that isn't at all microphonic.

As far as I am aware, HeadRoom fat pipe is Cardas Headphone Cable without (or with a thinner) shield and with thinner black outer jacket. I had a pair of 880's (old style) rewired with it for a while and it was very nice cable, physically and in terms of microphonics. Can't comment sonically as I never owned a stock 880.

As far as I am aware, HeadRoom fat pipe is Cardas Headphone Cable without (or with a thinner) shield and with thinner black outer jacket. I had a pair of 880's (old style) rewired with it for a while and it was very nice cable, physically and in terms of microphonics. Can't comment sonically as I never owned a stock 880.

four-conductor with braided shield cable featuring Golden Ratio

I think it's not the cable you remember.

It's the Cardas headphone cable...the Smurf blue stuff. Our first roll of "FatPipe" does not have the requested insulating jacket on it and it is a bit thin in diameter for our taste, but we will be using the roll up on recable jobs. The next roll of cable will be slightly larger in diameter (more like the normal Cardas 600 upgrade cables). We also specked out a "ThinPipe" lower cost cable from Cardas. We did get a roll of it, but I don't know what Jameys plans are for it.