Eddie Current 2a3 First Impressions Follow by Review

jp11801

then why the fuck did you ask ... Part quality is not cheap but assembly had a few issues a while back.

Because I wasn't aware until I started asking and people hit my PM box with their experiences? Non issue now that I've ruled the 2A3 tube out.

I have no assembly issues on my BA and the parts quality is much higher than other manufacturer's amps at a similar price point. If you are just going to parrot other people, you will do much better at Head.Fi. Now STFU.

Good to hear. I'd love to hear what other manufacturers that sell amps in the 2-4K range use lower quality selectors and sockets? There is more to part quality than the transformers. And yes I do great things over there :P Not really known for my know when to stop talking skills though, ask my wife /facepalm

Good to hear. I'd love to hear what other manufacturers that sell amps in the 2-4K range use lower quality selectors and sockets? There is more to part quality than the transformers. And yes I do great things over there tongue.png Not really known for my know when to stop talking skills though, ask my wife /facepalm
Really you think that is a "lower quality" socket? Do you actually check things out prior to bleating or are you just as previously stated parroting shit from other sites? I've owned a few of Craig's amps and none have had parts I'd call inferior http://www.eddiecurr...ube_Socket.html

Edited by jp11801

Craig typically uses high quality parts where it actually counts. Active stage resistors, coupling caps, output transformers, anything within the signal path, etc in my experience Craig uses good stuff. The tube sockets, which are his own design, are the last thing you should question. However, it does appear you are just piggybacking off of random HF comments and PMs do whatever.

Good to hear. I'd love to hear what other manufacturers that sell amps in the 2-4K range use lower quality selectors and sockets? There is more to part quality than the transformers. And yes I do great things over there :P Not really known for my know when to stop talking skills though, ask my wife /facepalm

Yeah, Penny and Giles are the suck. :palm: <--- That's how to do a facepalm

The only issues I've had with my 3 year old EC ZDT were in 2010 when one of the tube sockets cracked, but still worked, and one of the four bolts holding the right side circuit board in place came loose. Craig fixed both issues for free in 2011 when i sent it in for a partial silver transformer upgrade, and he gave me a screaming deal on the upgrade by giving me credit for the original transformers. I'm a happy customer, just based on the sound, but customer service has been very good too and quality isn't what I would call shoddy.