M2Tech HiFace or LCD2 Re-cable?

Mangler

Hi All, I'm thinking about tweaking my setup but I'm not sure which option will make the biggest difference in increasing sound quality. I'm a newb so I'd appreciate any advice or comments from knowledgeable people that have made any of these changes.

My current setup is MacBook Pro-> Pure Music->Optical-> DacMagic->Luminous Monarch II RCA->Schiit Lyr-> LCD2

I've heard a lot of people say that a good coaxial cable beats an optical cable in terms of SQ, which is why I'm considering the HiFace. However, I've also heard that the optical and coaxial inputs on the DacMagic sound pretty much the same. So, my question is whether or not it would be worth it to invest in the HiFace and a good coaxial cable, given that my Mac already has a decent optical out.

My second option is to re-cable my LCD2s (which came with the new ADZ-5 cable), possibly with a set from ALO, Norse, Moon, or Double Helix (has anybody tried their new LCD2 cables??). I do believe good cables make a difference, but some of these are quite expensive, so I'd like to hear any comments from anybody who owns these and can say if the increase in SQ is worth the cash.

I've already been through the posts about aftermarket LCD2 cables, so I'd more like to hear which tweak people think would make the biggest difference. Finally, like I said, I am a newb, so also let me know if you think these changes are pointless too. I've read the warning, so please take it easy on me if my questions are "dumb" (I know I'm a minnow swimming with sharks); I'm just looking for some education and good guidance.

I wouldn't spend money on cables unless I could repeatedly hear a huge difference when I didn't know what cable was in the system and with matched volumes. Cables may or may not improve sound. But even if they do, the difference is very subtle and not worth their huge expense.

If you are determined to spend more money on your system, I suggest upgrading the source and/or amp in that order. Note I'm not saying what you have are bad, it's just that's where you get the biggest upgrade bang for the buck. The best bang for the buck is to spend the money to get well-recorded music that you like, but then you won't get the warm fuzzy feeling you'd get from buying more equipment.

I wouldn't spend money on cables unless I could repeatedly hear a huge difference when I didn't know what cable was in the system and with matched volumes. Cables may or may not improve sound. But even if they do, the difference is very subtle and not worth their huge expense.

If you are determined to spend more money on your system, I suggest upgrading the source and/or amp in that order. Note I'm not saying what you have are bad, it's just that's where you get the biggest upgrade bang for the buck. The best bang for the buck is to spend the money to get well-recorded music that you like, but then you won't get the warm fuzzy feeling you'd get from buying more equipment.

Guzziguy speaks the truth, heed him..................