TWag cable only 87% pure silver, get it changed or get a refund

Parrots

Wow. You put some bucks towards this. Why? I mean, it sounds like you won and Lee is a snakeoil schuyster who takes cell phone videos at the local park. Is that what you wanted?

This makes me suspicious of cheapo cable manufacturers, but I was already suspicious of cheapo cable manufacturers.

Edited by bhjazz

^ Why limit it to cheapo? They're all pretty much a crock.At least with cheapo, you might get something relatively well made for a decent price. Well, maybe not, but sometimes :)

Edited by Pars

"Dont you have anything better to do" HAHAHAHA Says the guy who is on here 24/7, have you maybe considered getting a life outside of the internet?
Uh, no, my computer is on here 24/7, but if you do some statistics on my posting patterns, you'll notice they're grouped into small, isolated blocks.

And -10 reading comprehension points on ignoring my (and others') point(s) -- that we didn't need to go through the trouble that you did to determine that -- get this -- we agree with you, he's a shyster! Not that we don't care care, we just don't -- like a motherfuckin' honey badger -- care.

Uh, no, my computer is on here 24/7, but if you do some statistics on my posting patterns, you'll notice they're grouped into small, isolated blocks.

And -10 reading comprehension points on ignoring my (and others') point(s) -- that we didn't need to go through the trouble that you did to determine that -- get this -- we agree with you, he's a shyster! Not that we don't care care, we just don't -- like a motherfuckin' honey badger -- care.

Sig worthy :rofl:

Edited by Pars

"Copper, silver, gold, it's all the same"...............that's what I told my wife on Mother's day, so now I sleep on the couch.

It's a shame your wife didn't have Parrots' sophisticated lab to run some tests and produce the graphs to prove to you that they're not the same.

Sig worthy :rofl:

True dat. But I couldn't have TWO Dusty quotes in my sig ...

I've had tons of interconnects pass through my house and audio system. All were copper, silver coated copper or some form of copper. I've even built a bunch myself. Some are getting old now, and yet not one of them has any type of green tint, tinge, or suggestion of a green coloring to it. I don't think you were sold snake oil, I think you didn't do any homework before your purchase to figure out what cryoparts is selling.

Google owns over 1 million servers around the world. Surely a search for CFDCT-UP-OCC would turn up something related to silver. And yet, the first few links are at Whiplash audio, where CFDCT-UP-OCC is described as, "... the custom formulated LL-PE dielectric, the copper used (CF-DCT-UPOCC) and the cryo profile used to treat it (our proprietary CryoFreeze™ process)." This is here http://www.whiplashaudio.com/twcu-hook-up-wire.html in case you think I'm full of shit. Incidentally, I think the CF in that model number just stands for "cryo freeze."

But to complicate this further, cryo-parts lists this:

"...We are proud to introduce a VERY special custom wire, CryoParts "The Wire; Silver". "The Wire; Silver", or "TWag" is a CFDCT-UP-OCC stranded silver wire that sets a new standard of performance.

Everything about "TWag" is custom; the extraordinarily high strand count, the custom formulated LL-PE dielectric, the silver used (CF-DCT-UPOCC) and the cryo profile used to treat it (our proprietary CryoFreeze™ process)."

Amazing: either the rapture has started and copper is silver, or you've been fooled like a religious hopefuls.

Edited by bhjazz