Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Knuckledragger

High Rollers

Everything posted by Knuckledragger

  1. Wow. Groupees is at it again. They've got more or less the entire catalog of The Flashbulb in a bundle. $3 for a lot of it, $20 for all of it: https://groupees.com/vip18
  2. Abandoned Concrete factory in Italy. 1961 Chrysler Imperial. Click for slightly more bridge.
  3. Last night's show is up: First time I've used my old DAC in years.
  4. Test Tone @ Home live right now: https://mixlr.com/illuminator/
  5. Part of my friend Brent's studio. meow_irl Robert Leiner tuning up his live rig.
  6. "It’s like Jack black and Joe exotic made a meth baby." "Little man with a big eraser / changing history" "The last two... One is an insufferable blonde who likes to throw tantrums and has this weird toxic relationship with the fans who are desperate enough to gang on anyone who doesn't like their icon. The other is Taylor Swift."
  7. I've mentioned on my show a great many times that it's unwise to get into a bidding war with ambient collectors. Demographically, they are the oldest, most well heeled, and the ones most interested in owning original physical media. Today's example. Mama mia.
  8. Mazzy Star live on Late Night with Conan O'Brien 23 August 1994: The highlight of this video is 6'4 Conan offering a handshake to 5 foot nothing Hope Sandoval at the end. She is infamously shy and reserved and it shows in her reaction. Also RIP David Roback. Remember when him dying was the worst thing that happened this year?
  9. I forget, with all the chaos of the last few ...years. Did anyone post this yet? Brilliant, and horrifying.
  10. Fair warning: This is going be an absolutely (film) nerdy post and probably of zero interest to anyone but myself. With that said... For years my friend Brent (listeners of my radio show will know him as bludvesel) has given me shit about the incredibly boring names I use for my computers: 2012MacMini, 2011MacBook, 2015MacBookPro etc. I do this so I always know what I'm looking at on my network. My Wintendo has the imaginative name "Monolith" because it has a huge black case by Fractal Design. Now I have two Macs of the same model and year. With that in mind, I spent several hours renaming all of my Macs. Brent uses musicians that he likes for his machine names. For me that'd be an impossible task, picking which ones. Instead I went with film directors 2012 Mac Mini Quad Core i7: Kubrick, named after Stanley obviously. 2012 Mac Mini Dual Core i7: Fellini, named after Frederico. I considered Antonioni, but I found it too hard to spell. 2010 Mac Mini Core 2 Duo: Ulmer, named after the cult director. Fitting as he was a full generation older. My ailing 2015 Macintop isn't current renamed because it will mess up some dependencies in Traktor (or more to the point, data Traktor uses.) Eventually it will become Bergman.
  11. Atmos 7.1 rig running on tube amps(!)
  12. Ahem, hard surface porn.
  13. 25 years on, I just managed to figure out that SETI and S.E.T.I. are different artists. As you were.
  14. Pele, 1970. Paris, Jan 11 2020. Donald Trump introducing his children Eric and Ivanka to Jeffrey Epstein. Harley-Davidson Cafe, New York, October 1993. Always pick a winner!
  15. 7 years ago, yesterday. I've watched a bunch of Puddles' videos on his YouTube channel over the years (including "punk rock" and "new wave" versions of Royals). Many a good, some are not. None are as transcendent as this one.
  16. I had a very scary halloween last night ...and not in a good way. Background: I am mostly blind in one eye. I see very little out of my left one. I was born this way. Had the doctors caught it in time, they could have corrected it. I'd have had to wear an eye patch for several years (arr!) but I'd have gained sight in my bad eye. None of that happened. Last night I lit a candle I got a while ago. It's got 3 wicks and sits in a (rather flimsy) glass jar. The three wicks are a PITA, necessitating turning the candle to get them all lit. I was working on the third when one of the wicks shot off a bit of ash or hot wax and hit me in the face ...right below my good eye. I said "oh shit!" and put down the candle. After insuring I was alright. I looked at the candle. I didn't get hit by wax or ash. The jar shattered and I got hit in the face with a glass shard, a few mm below my one good eye. Ulp.
  17. Click for slightly more happy dogs.
  18. Spent some dome doing research on USB audio interfaces with 4 analogue outputs. NI still sells the Audio 6 ...as part of a $320 package aimed at vinyl DJs: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/traktor/digital-vinyl/traktor-scratch-audio-6/ Hard pass there. I recent bought a 2 in/2 out unit from MOTU and I have been very impressed with it. There's a model with 4 outputs for $220: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/M4--motu-m4-4x4-usb-c-audio-interface It has a bunch of things I don't need for Traktor, as well as making use of 1/4" jacks for the outputs (necessitating 1/4" to RCA cables.) I don't see to many other similarly priced units that compare well with it. In any case, I found my ancient ESI Gigaport AG and I'm going to do a test broadcast with it in the next week.
  19. Resht in peace, you will never be replayshed.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.