Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Knuckledragger

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Knuckledragger

  1. (Audio Snob coughs nervously.) Click for slightly bigger. meow_irl #1 fan! Turquoise Hexagon Sun. Hopstretch is an alien confirmned. me_irl Happened right here in scenic western MA. STC Executel. Fake but neat. An aerial photo from 1967 shows plumes of industrial waste flowing in the Cuyahoga River and emptying into Lake Erie. Cleveland, Ohio. Key bridge Washington DC at sunrise.
  2. Endured 2 1/2 days with no power (because of freak storm and record incompetence on the part of National Grid) while all three of my neighbors ran their generators (cannot blame them.) Also lacked running water (because well and electric pump) and had minimal contact with the outside world. What Apple does to older iPhone batteries via their malicious code should be illegal and punishable by death. What T-Mobile does to "unlimited bandwidth" customers after the first 2GB is punishable by hanging in more civilized countries. What they claim is "speeds up to 128lkbps" but in reality what they do is limit all data for periods of time. This becomes a might frustrating when one is furtively trying to load, say, an electric company's outage map page in Chrome. Also, there's a bug where iPhones won't display the "trust this machine?" dialogue when connected to a Mac and instead go BONG BONG BONG BONG forever. This means they iPhone won't even charge off the Mac via USB. They dance on both side's of Hanlon's Razor over there at 1 Infinity Loop. I ended up charging my phone with a car battery and an adapter. I was (and still am) not so secretly praying that Fat Donny presses The Button in a roid rage.* *This couldn't actually happen even if he wanted to do so. Every day the POTUS is given a card with a bunch of launch codes on it. Only one is real and the rest are fake. I'll be you a wooden nickel Trump doesn't remember which one is correct 5 minutes after receiving the card. Ironically, we're safer from nuclear annihilation under his tiny, cheeto-stained hands than any other president since WWII.
  3. Wait, you don't have six pairs of in-wall speakers to switch between? Can you ever call yourself an audio snob?
  4. R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen(!) https://www.latimes.com/obituaries/story/2020-10-06/eddie-van-halen-guitar-dies-65
  5. Wales, MA. Console was made in the late 60's around mid 66' private bar in East London.
  6. Crocheted cat couch. I didn't particularly like Obama and this got a chuckle out of me.
  7. Milla Jovovich answers fans questions in an online chat on AOL, February 13, 1995. ISS crossing in front of NEOWISE. Once-in-a-lifetime shot. Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry jamming at Madison Square Garden. New York, 1972.
  8. Last night's set is up:
  9. Test Tone @ Home live right now: https://mixlr.com/illuminator/
  10. Apologies in advance. Personally, I blame Ben Shapiro. EDIT: Actually, I lame copyright strikes. #FuckDisney
  11. Test Tone @ Home live right now: https://mixlr.com/illuminator/
  12. "It's been about 6 months since I put this on a welder at work and no one has said anything. It's a magnet with sharpie on it."
  13. My sainted mother is visiting from Marthas Vineyard, so I've been showing her a few old films. Last night we watched The Black Cat (1934), which stars Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff. Both men were at the peak of their careers, coming off the huge success of Dracula and Frankenstein (both 1931) respectively. I saw The Black Cat many years ago because of ...well, me obsessing over electronic music. The Norwegian collective known as Neural Network in this case. Their second album Modernité is an unknown ambient classic. However, their first album Brain-State-In-A-Box is the one that sent me on the journey that lead me to The Black Cat. On the song "Under The Sun" there is a repeated sample "There are many things ...under the sun." The spoken sample is both used brilliantly in the song, but also said with such authority that I was intrigued enough to track down the original source. Flash forward a dozen or more years, and I developed a renewed interest in The Black Cat after learning that the director was Edgar G. Ulmer. Ulmer is a fascinating character who had a gift for turning out a masterpiece (or at least a mini-masterpiece) on a shoestring budget. He learned this skill after he fell in love with a producer's wife, ran off with her, and got blackballed in Hollywood for 10-15 years. (To be fair, he stayed married to her for decades.) The Black Cat is one of the films Ulmer produced before his exile, and was actually a huge hit at the time. Lugosi and Karloff were rivals, and Ulmer deftly used their adverse professional relationship to extract stellar performances from them. It's a horror film, but there isn't much in the way of death, monsters or gore. It's an early psychological thriller more than anything else. It's also quite a short film, clocking in at just over an hour (another trademark of Ulmer, getting things done quickly.) After watching The Black Cat, I explained the significance of Edgar G. UImer, Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff to my mother. I also covered the career arcs of the two main stars. Lugosi's fizzled and he developed bad habits like morphine and working with Ed Wood. Karloff, meanwhile, sustained an admirable career for many years. She was quite taken with the film. It has stood the test of time and is well worth a watch even now. Side note: I also attempted to explain to her the renaissance in popularity Bela Lugosi and Ed Wood experienced in the 1980s and onward. I even went into the Bauhaus and their famous track named after Bela. I showed her a live video of the band performing at Coachella in 2005: She was so taken aback by Peter Murphy hanging upside down for the entire performance that the song was king of lost on her. She's a bit out of the post punk demographic anyway. So tonight, naturally, we watched Plan 9 From Outer Space. Unsurprisingly, she thought it was amazingly awful. I attempted to explain that the terribleness the film was the point of it, and how Ed Wood became so famous for his ineptitude. She did find some parts amusing, but in general thought it stunk. I think tomorrow night we'll watch Edgar Ulmer's famous 1945 noir film Detour to make up for it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.