Axpona 2012 pictures

tom_hankins

Carvers line arrays were very nice driven buy his new amps. Super clean, clear, and powerful sound, huge soundstage, lots detail, fast, listened a couple times for around 20-30 minutes each and never harsh. but big, better have ten foot ceilings.

The YGA Anat ref. were a little big for the room, unless you got to be in the back row seats, then they were really good. Cleanest deepest, most detailed bass i heard from any room. The small Carmels in the same room were excellent. Best i have heard them and the only time I have heard them as good if not better than I get out of them in my room. makes me think about selling the Bat REX amp and getting one of the Krell evo 402e amps for mine, then selling my subs.

Another big time eye opener for me was the new top of the line Soundsmith cartridge. WOW! it had zero weaknesses i could hear on two lengthy listening sessions.

... but big, better have ten foot ceilings.

and no significant other. They may be the ugliest speakers I have seen. They are so ugly, they have negative WAF. Not only will you have to get rid of the speakers, but they make all of the surrounding audio equipment ugly so you'll have to get rid of them too. police.gif

and no significant other. They may be the ugliest speakers I have seen. They are so ugly, they have negative WAF. Not only will you have to get rid of the speakers, but they make all of the surrounding audio equipment ugly so you'll have to get rid of them too. police.gif

You nailed that on the head. Almost word for word what my wife said when we walked into the carver room.

Thanks -- been looking hard at the Carver amps....

They are beautiful to look at and I'm sure they played a big part in the way the speakers were sounding.

Those are some drool-inducing pics.

What are the abs (or are they pvc?) pipe speakers, and did you have a listen? In theory, pipe should appeal to my lazy approach to diy, when I finally make time to start building speakers.

They called Pluto speakers and were in the Linkwitz room. they are active. Didnt get to hear them.