Discomfort wearing earphones

ch4509

I have heard that many people experience pain from different types of headphones, and I am interested to learn more about what causes it. Is it from sound, fit, or some other reasons? Please share your experiences with discomfort with earbuds, in-ear earphones, ear tips, and the like. Thanks!

timg.jpg

On 2016/8/26 at 8:37 PM, Arthrimus said:

I don't doubt that for a second.

So what is your solution? Now I am wearing headphone but it may disturb others and in summer it's so hot. Have you ever try a CIEM? Does it also hurt?

On 2016/8/26 at 10:01 PM, grawk said:

You should try a canal lube, that will help the affected orifices stretch to accommodate the unanticipated girth.  Or you can invest in a Tice Orifice Stretcher[tm], which should make other smaller devices fit more easily afterward.

Thanks a lot! I'll try.

On 2016/8/26 at 10:26 PM, purk said:

How about a custom IEM?  I love the sound of Ety ER4S but can not stand its comfort.

That's what I'm thinking. But I've heard that even custom IEM still don't feel comfortable and since it's so expensive that I want to have more information.

Thanks for your advice. Do you know other guys who also tried CIEM and what do they say?

2 hours ago, ch4509 said:

So what is your solution? Now I am wearing headphone but it may disturb others and in summer it's so hot. Have you ever try a CIEM? Does it also hurt?

Do not insert dry. 

You need to first take your time and gently massage the ear canals until they get wet with natural smegma. A little wine helps the process.

Still dry after a half hour of foreplay? Use KY jelly liberally on each CIEM, and insert with a singular hard thrust. 

Edited by Laowei

5 hours ago, Laowei said:

Do not insert dry. 

You need to first take your time and gently massage the ear canals until they get wet with natural smegma. A little wine helps the process.

Still dry after a half hour of foreplay? Use KY jelly liberally on each CIEM, and insert with a singular hard thrust. 

Half hour? So you mean that CIEM still hurts?

1 hour ago, DonkeyBalls said:

Or a big bucket of this...

AL.JPG

It looks like a good method. I'll try it! Thanks!